LGBT Parenting

DSR

Hey all!! Has anyone looked up their donor on the Donor Sibling Registry?? I haven't signed up yet and I'm not even sure we will. But today DW and I became the proud owners of sperm!!! Lol and out of curiosity I looked the number up on the DSR and there are two listed on there. One boy born early this year and one listed as 2013.

Are you a member? Do you plan on becoming one? How many offspring does your donor have? Have you met any family's or have interest in meeting?
Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/

Re: DSR

• Are you a member? No

Do you plan on becoming one? No

How many offspring does your donor have? Too many. Way too many.

Have you met any family's or have interest in meeting? Not at this time and probably never unless the kids express an interest when they are older. We haven't talked about the donor/siblings yet.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I checked it a couple of times but nothing is listed for our donor.  I am just curious by nature but probably not curious enough to actually contact or meet anyone.

The only way I can see myself contacting anyone from our donor is if there is an extreme medical issue that other parents need to be aware (that is related to our donor).  Even then I am not sure I could bring myself to actually contact.

If ever get listed, we probably will not bring it up to our boys unless they find it or express an interest in it.  We will be honest of how they got here with us but not that detailed. 

I think it's a personal decision and probably not one for us. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Not a member, and no plans to join.  I've looked up our donor on there. He is not there and neither are any other offspring.  I will look at the site every once in a while just to see if people pop up, but I'm not interested in making any connections with people who may have used the same donor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been tempted to look up our donor, but I don't want to do it without Jen's OK and as I am not even sure I want to know, I've never asked her. If we did find half-siblings, we wouldn't contact them - we just have no interest there, and don't think of them as family members. 

Our donor agreed to be contacted when the kids turn 18, and of course that decision will be up to them.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Are you a member? No

Do you plan on becoming one? No

How many offspring does your donor have? there are non listed but the bank told us 5 pregnancies  and we have a set of twin and he has another set of twins

Have you met any family's or have interest in meeting? Not at this time and probably never unless the kids express an interest when they are older.  I am so torn i think its weird  but i dont know how to explain it ... I knwo we use the term sibling but that bothers me.  Just as some refer to donors as DAD i have some hang ups as many of you know. It just reaffirms ( to me ) that I am at times disconnected thogu I am 1000% the girls mommy but just reminds me of the process and steps and interference and my inadequacy ( does that make sense) even tho i am not inadequate.

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"