Minnesota Babies
Options

Daycare Advice

Hi Ladies!

I am just starting to think about daycare, but really have no idea where to start!  We live in Golden Valley and work Downtown, so any in that vicinity would be options.  Any suggestions from the moms out there?

I would love to hear about what you like about your daycare and even some warnings on places you had visited, but would not recommend.

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Daycare Advice

• Options
    I dont' have personal experience on this area, but a good friend of mine has her son (currently 8 months) at the Kinderberry Hill in Downtown Mpls, and has nothing but good things to say about it.  I know it is pricey, but if you are looking for a center, it might be a good bet! 
  • Options
    I would look at Calvary in Golden Valley. They have a daycare program and they are not for profit.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I started with a list from Think Small. (https://www.thinksmall.org/for_parents_and_guardians/finding_child_care)

They are a non profit who provide a number of services, including a list of licensed childcares in an area of your specification.  They don't endorse any particular center or provider, but they're able to give you a fairly updated list of the providers who meet your search criteria. 

• Options

imagesmurf605:
    I would look at Calvary in Golden Valley. They have a daycare program and they are not for profit.

I second this, I forgot about them.  I have a friend who teaches there.  Fantastic program.  I was the Director of a church based program in Minnetonka a few years ago, and Calvary had a great reputation. 

• Options
    I just looked into Calvary and they only accept full time for infants. Just an FYI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"