March 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone buy any interesting toys/gear lately?

we bought this teether it twists and rattles too.. it's kinda cool

and he loves these two balls.. the different textures are cool. he loves them both

...and we loved the baby jail so much we bought another one and turned it into a super cell lol  .. we can get in and play with him in this now and he has load sof safe crawling space to learn to crawl and toddle...and it's easy to take down and take one to the IL's if we need to.  We just need to get another pack of foam tiles to finish off the flooring.

We bought some cool suction cup toys but he just likes to throw those ...

oh yeah and we got a bubble blower for the bath which he loves.  He is now really getting to like his jumperoo and walker.. and we had to get a new rocker chair because he is almost too big for his bouncer and goes crazy in it... shame because he loves that bouncer chair.  He is still loving his saucer seat too and the kick n play piano.

We finally got to use the baby catapult too.. he loved it

so cmon ladies .. what is your LO loving right now?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone buy any interesting toys/gear lately?

• Options
    Isaac loves his jumperoo and the summer seat! I love that seat too. I take it everywhere we go. To IL's, my parents, the lake house. It is awesome. I use it for the booster even now when we are gone. He has a wrench that is for teething that he loves. I actually found it at a grocery store in a town by the IL's lake house. He loves it. His other teethers are rings that he can't fit in his mouth. He also loves anything that makes noise. Like paper. He will find a way to the coffee table and grab magazines to rip apart. We have had to move those. We did put a mirror in our living room for him. We are going to move it once he starts grabbing at it but right now he just sits and stares, laughs, talks and smile at himself in it. Other than that he is just whatever about his toys. He will play with anything that gets around him. Including tupperwares, bowls (his plastic ones), his spoons.
  • Options
    he loves that ball..and we try and buy multifunctional stuff for him that will grow with him the seat ring comes off to have it just as a seat and the seat insert removes as he gets bigger. 
    imageimage
    https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3247729

His new rocker has 3 positions and will convert to a seat..and goes up to 40lbs

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babygear/products/52494

There have been some awesomely cool but expensive stuff I would have liked, but it just wasnt sensible..and would only have lasted him a few months.   We got a $30 bouncer that he just loves .. and we didnt even install the music vibration kit lol
    We didnt get a swing, bassinet, play yard, changing table and a whole lotta stuff  most people buy.. we didn't see the need.  His high chair is multipostion and height and was chosen because of that and the fact that it fits just right at our desks lol

Everyones needs are different.. a play pen was a must for us, we live in an upstairs apt and the windows sills are only about 8 inches off the floor and I'm not willing to risk him running into a window let alone an upstairs one. When he gets more mobile I'll probably dismantle the play pen and they will be used to block off the huge window in our front room and our fireplace. They come with wall anchors :)

When that is no longer an issue, we'll probably have a house and that means a dog.. so it can get used for puppy containment lol.  I wasn't kidding when I said I am very selective about what we spend our money on lol  .. even our baby cams are multi use.  When we dont need them for him, they will still be used as regular security cams, which is what they are actually designed for. 

Most all of his toys are chosen to help him sit, stand and walk and learn... if you ignore the 32 soft toys currently filling up one of my  tall book cases and giant teddy lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just got the Fisher Price Click 'n' Play remote. I was tired of taking the batteries out of ours and stumbled across this at Target (went in for a box of diapers, came out $118 poorer). DD loves it. 

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Click-Remote/dp/B005XVCR48

• Options

I just bought DS one of the balls you posted (the smaller, open one) which he loves.  I also got him a Taggies toy because he started chewing on every tag he could find.  Of course, it has a bunch of little ribbon and fabric tags and what does my little guy go RIGHT for?  The actual tag.  Sigh!

Those are the only new things we've gotten recently but he loves using his walker, jumping in his jumperoo and scooting around on the floor.  He's actually getting a lot of use out of his playmat still (which surprised me because I figured once he was semi-mobile he'd be totally over it) and rolls from one side to the other to play with the different toys.  He also loves cups, spoons, my Nalgene water bottle, pretty much anything he can get his hands on lol!

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options

Molly really seems to like this toy:  https://www.amazon.com/Playskool-39972-Poppin-Park-Tumble/dp/B0085UA7V4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349448517&sr=8-4&keywords=playskool+giraffe

She gets to push down, but doesn't get to let it pop back up yet. 

ETA: Picture

Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    We bought Liam My Pal Scout. He loves it. He laughs at it when it says his name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageWipz:

we bought this teether it twists and rattles too.. it's kinda cool

and he loves these two balls.. the different textures are cool. he loves them both

...and we loved the baby jail so much we bought another one and turned it into a super cell lol  .. we can get in and play with him in this now and he has load sof safe crawling space to learn to crawl and toddle...and it's easy to take down and take one to the IL's if we need to.  We just need to get another pack of foam tiles to finish off the flooring.

We bought some cool suction cup toys but he just likes to throw those ...

oh yeah and we got a bubble blower for the bath which he loves.  He is now really getting to like his jumperoo and walker.. and we had to get a new rocker chair because he is almost too big for his bouncer and goes crazy in it... shame because he loves that bouncer chair.  He is still loving his saucer seat too and the kick n play piano.

We finally got to use the baby catapult too.. he loved it

so cmon ladies .. what is your LO loving right now?

What gates are those? Our foam mats are being delivered today!

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had gotten a few of those balls with the holes in for gifts when DS was born. I didn't really understand why those would be so fun, but now I get it. DS loves to play with those, and will stick his tongue through the holes. We got a Vtech move and crawl ball that he likes.

https://www.amazon.com/VTech-Move-Crawl-Bright-Light/dp/B0012XBNXM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349456010&sr=8-3&keywords=vtech+crawl+ball

We also got these snap-lock beads that he likes to play with. He'll suck on the connector side and on the open side he'll talk into it. Then he laughs at himself because his voice sounds funny. It's so cute.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3074809 

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    We have a very similar teether and open hole ball and DS loves them both. I also got him a Taggies blanket and he also goes straight for the real tag! So funny.
    My latest purchase was this block set:
    https://www.fisherprice.com/en_US/brands/babytoys/products/38691
    He doesn't put the blocks in the holes yet but he loves banging on the top, taking the top off, dumping the blocks out, and banging them together. I haven't bought him many fun things so it was fun to actually shop for something I thought he would like, and he did!
  • Options

Well, my husband and I really want the Fisher Price Cruise & Groove Ballapalooza. We aren't sure if Alexander will like it but we know WE want it.

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babytoys/products/67454

• Options
    mclere North States Superyard 3 in 1 Wood Gate It's two of these and an extension kit  makes a 8x6 .. one and extension will make a 4x4.  Got mine at Amazon

ASIN: B000U5LXU6 UPC: 026107049407 Item model number: 4940

• Options
    imagepsychgirl33:

Molly really seems to like this toy:  https://www.amazon.com/Playskool-39972-Poppin-Park-Tumble/dp/B0085UA7V4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349448517&sr=8-4&keywords=playskool+giraffe

She gets to push down, but doesn't get to let it pop back up yet. 

ETA: Picture

I looked at these and nearly bought one ... I might have to get one now lol
  • Options
    imagecaybeh:

We had gotten a few of those balls with the holes in for gifts when DS was born. I didn't really understand why those would be so fun, but now I get it. DS loves to play with those, and will stick his tongue through the holes. We got a Vtech move and crawl ball that he likes.

https://www.amazon.com/VTech-Move-Crawl-Bright-Light/dp/B0012XBNXM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349456010&sr=8-3&keywords=vtech+crawl+ball

We also got these snap-lock beads that he likes to play with. He'll suck on the connector side and on the open side he'll talk into it. Then he laughs at himself because his voice sounds funny. It's so cute.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3074809 

My MIL got one of those vtech balls for when we visit.. he loves rolling around on a quilt on her floor with that.

• Options
    imageKrsCrp83:

I just bought DS one of the balls you posted (the smaller, open one) which he loves.  I also got him a Taggies toy because he started chewing on every tag he could find.  Of course, it has a bunch of little ribbon and fabric tags and what does my little guy go RIGHT for?  The actual tag.  Sigh!

Those are the only new things we've gotten recently but he loves using his walker, jumping in his jumperoo and scooting around on the floor.  He's actually getting a lot of use out of his playmat still (which surprised me because I figured once he was semi-mobile he'd be totally over it) and rolls from one side to the other to play with the different toys.  He also loves cups, spoons, my Nalgene water bottle, pretty much anything he can get his hands on lol!

We just bought the Taggies ball today.  My DD loves tags as well. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageeyenigh:

Well, my husband and I really want the Fisher Price Cruise & Groove Ballapalooza. We aren't sure if Alexander will like it but we know WE want it.

https://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babytoys/products/67454

Meijer has a $20 off coupon for this toy through mperks.  Good through Friday I think. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"