September 2011 Moms
Options

Vaccine reaction?

No this isn't an autism question, but has anyone else's LO had a raised red spot at the site of the chicken pox shot?  B developed one about 2 weeks after the shot, and it's been around a few days now.  It is too big to be a bug bite, and I remember the dr saying she could develop something harmless a few weeks after, but I can't find the shot info they sent home with us.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this arm was the chicken pox or the MMR vaccine, I think both have a couple week wait period for some reactions?  Anyone have any info or similar experience?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vaccine reaction?

• Options

We don't have any bumps, but the last couple days have just been a major sh!tshow.  She was up all night last night - and she's been on Tylenol 24 hours a day since she got the shots.

But, I remember the Dr saying the MMR would have a reaction within 7-10 days and the chicken pox within 3 weeks.  I am a terrible mother and didn't ask what to watch for or ask what would happen.

Sorry, I am no help.  

• Options
    Kaiden had a raised hard bump after all his shots. Lasted a few weeks! Pedi was not concerned, said it lasted longer than normal, but was fine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, that makes me feel better.  She was a sh**storm the first couple days after her shots too, but since then has been great, just this stupid bump! 
  • Options
    Our dr said to watch for a reaction from MMR in 6-14 days.  I forget how long with chicken pox.  But he said MMR could cause a raised bump where the shot went in, and chicken pox could cause a few pox to break out around the site.  L has a raised red bump now where her MMR went in. 

• Options

M got her shots on the 14th of Sept and still has a raised bump on her left leg from one of the shots. Just like Panda, our pedi didn't tell us to watch for anything either. I just know that it's normal after any shot, especially when they tense up their muscles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our pedi told us this was normal because the shots were given in the fatty part of her leg, which means it takes a few weeks to fully absorb into their system.

ETA:which is why the reactions happen so much later after the shots.
  • Options
    DD2 had a delayed reaction to the MMR last week - about 8-9 days after the shot. It started as a hard, raised red spot on her leg that really did look like a huge mosquito bite, then the next day she ran a fever. Her temp stayed above 100 (as high as 102) for two days, even with alternating motrin and tylenol, then on the third day the lump started to go down and her fever suddenly broke. I think the lump was completely gone about 5 days after it showed up, and the fever only lasted those two days. That's the first time either of my girls has had a reaction to any of the vaccines more than a slight temp the day of.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    B already has the start of the raised bump. She got four vaccines on Friday, and she was a mess for most of the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"