October 2012 Moms
Options

am I the only one?

my OB pretty much told me that if I think I'm in labor or feel the need to call her, just head to LD, because that's where she send me anyways.

Am I the only one that won't call their OB first?

Re: am I the only one?

• Options
    Probably, lol. My OB says to call first because if you aren't progressing they will just send you home, so they like to kind of 'triage' you through the phone to see what kind of progress you may or may not be making.
  • Options
    Nope. I go to a clinic so my OB is whoever ends up being on-call that day. When I think I'm in labor, I go to L&D, tell them what clinic I am with and they get a hold of the on-call while a nurse gets me checked out. I've been in several times the last month or so and have never seen an actual doctor!
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, mine says the same thing. It's normal for the clinic that I use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB's practice is at the hospital and they don't have anyone on call after hours. I've asked if there's someone I can call if I'm just concerned but they said they'd rather all their patients just come in to LD. Worst case scenario they will send people home but they claim it's for thier peace of mind as well as ours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Nope! The practice I attend outlines all the things to go to the hospital (L&D) for, rather than calling. Once you're there and if you are going to be admitted or the issue is serious enough, they call the physician on-call for the practice.

There are 6 OBs and 1 NP at my practice. I've seen them all at least once and they are such nice physicians, so I don't worry at all. But we do have a preference as to who we'd like to deliver LO.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There's no way I would go in without calling!  I think they typically just send everyone home when they do that, although, it seems like your practice has a different standard.  It's just too much to have to arrange child care for our existing little ones to go in only to be sent home.
  • Options
    my OB also told me to just head to L&D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

At my last OB appt. a week ago my doctor gave me a labor and delivery sheet that included very specific instructions on when to call triage before going in so looks like I will be calling.

• Options
    I have a list of call the office reasons. If it is after hours they have an on call service and an Ob calls you back. I think about 90 they send you to ld but they like a heads up.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I go to a MW and off hours they give the cell number of the MW on call and I call her and she informs me when to head out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In my practice they like to talk to you first - to make sure your contractions are close enough and stuff like that, to make sure they are there, and to make sure that they and the hospital know you're coming in. 

It was actually kind of relieving when I was having DD1 and the front desk person was like, oh, Dr. XX told us you'd be on your way shortly.  Same thing when I thought my water broke a few weeks ago.  Just kind of calmed me a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"