September 2012 Moms
Options

Stump still there!

Carter will be 3 weeks tomorrow and his stump is still super stuck to his body. Our doc at birth said do nothing to it And it should fall out by 14 days. I just called the nurses line and now she told me to use rubbing alcohol. It's flat with his belly, no discharge... So what do u think I should do?! TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Stump still there!

• Options
    Alivia still has hers also and it stinks to high heaven! I have been using rubbing alcohol on it once or twice a day, but because of the odor and discharge I have been cleaning it at least three times a day (I also called the triage nurse about it). The bottom of the stump seems to be thinning and it looks like it's getting ready to fall off.  So I would just go with what the nurse said.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
     When we were at the Pedi's office for the 2 week check up the doc wiggled the stump and it came off.... have you wiggled it? The only weird thing is that he has a scab at the bottom of his belly button and I have been cleaning it with alcohol, I need to wiggle it but it freaks me out for some reason. It is strange how much it gross' me out because I am a nurse and I have seem some nasty stuff!! 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our doctor said if it's still there at a month to call and come back in....he'll be a month on Weds and so far the stump is still intact, so I have a feeling we'll be going back to the doctor this week....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our LO will be 3 weeks on Tuesday and as of right now the stump is hanging on by a thread...IDK why but it really freaks me out!!

• Options
    We were told to clean the cord with rubbing alcohol 3-4 times a day. His cord fell off when he was only 2 weeks old. It worked really well.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We were told to do rubbing alcohol 4x a day. Stump came off today.

His was pretty flat and at our last appointment the pedi showed us how she wanted us to push down on the outside to pop it out a bit and swab around it.

• Options
    Use the alcohol on a qtip and rub it all around it. We had issues with Jason's. His started bleeding and the scab kept sealing everything back up. So their dr. had us use the q tip method and it was off in like 3 days. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"