April 2012 Moms
Options

What do you guys pay for pro pics?

We did pics when my son was 2 months old.  The photog met us in a downtown area of a Chicago suburb and did pics at three different spots.  It was $125 for the shoot, $25 for the cd of images.  I kinda want to do family pics again for his 6 month (since the weather will still be decent), but I don't know if I want to spend the money.

Just curious what you guys pay

Re: What do you guys pay for pro pics?

• Options
    We pay $200 for the shoot and a CD with the images.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    It's going to be $200, $100 for the session and a $100 credit for prints.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SOunds like that is a good price. I actually found a lady to do them for the same price band we'll get them done in 2 weeks. Before that we went to Target and I had 40% off and after buying prints spent close to $300 so it is a much better deal with a photographer. Then you can print them at mpix.com or where ever you want to for cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We paid 250 for the session at her studio and the copyrights to all of the images.

Your price sounds better. As long as you like the quality of the work, then it is worth it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Like $20 lol. I take the kids at 3, 6, 9, 12, and 18 months then yearly after that. Unless we need extras for Christmas presents or the shoot goes really well and I love everything I just get an 8x10 and a couple 5x7s to hang in the house.

I'm also more into traditional portraits than photography shoots so it works out what I prefer is way cheaper.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We go a commercial studio so 75 - 125 just depending on how many pictures I purchase.  $200 seems normal for a prof photographer onside package
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Too much. This is why we don't do them often.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    $100 for a private photoshoot with cd with rights to it.  We then get prints at mpix.  I end up spending about $150 total on it usually.  My photographer is a stay at home mom who does it on the side, but I LOVE her work, and that's as cheap as I can find.  It's well worth it for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    that's really reasonable
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We purchased a " baby's first years plan" that included our maternity, newborn, 3, 6, 9, and 1 birthday sessions for $100. I usually purchase the CD with all rights to the photos for $100. So far I've been pleased with our photographer.

• Options

I'm in OK.

We got a deal with our maternity photog, and did a combo maternity/newborn package. Spent $200 total, which included both sessions and a CD with 15 or so images for each session. She is just starting out.

We're doing family pics next month with a more experience photog, and it will be $325 for session plus CD. 

Seems like most people I checked with were upwards of $225 for a session plus CD. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    $200 for shoot and $50/image. We spent $1500 on a newborn shoot that included an album and some extra things. I'm in NYC if that matters. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are having them done in a couple weeks and we are having a 1/2 hours shoot for 75 dollars and it includes the cd with images.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think that's a CRAZY good deal--especially in Chicago!  We're in Minneapolis and that price from a professional would be really hard to find, even here.  We paid $500 for newborn pics and are paying $225 for 6 month pics (10 digital images, 20 minute mini-session).

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback, girls!  If she has a session open, I'm gonna book one!

• Options

imagelindy27:
    We pay $200 for the shoot and a CD with the images.

Same! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"