Babies: 3 - 6 Months

"talking"

So the 16 week post from the Bump says to start looking out for our LOs to say da-da and ma-ma. My son babbles and loves to make lots of noises but I feel like he is not yet close to saying those words. Anyones LO doing this yet at 16 weeks or when did your LO start? Can't wait for him to say ma-ma one day!

Re: "talking"

• Way too early in my opinion!  My LO is starting to talk more and more and he's 23 weeks, but there's nothing discernible about his 'words' at all.
  • Me and my husband both hear LO say "mama" but there is no way he is doing it on purpose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I can get LO to mimic "oh yeah" pretty well-but only because he says similar sounds already.

• TB is kind of weird with some of the things that they expect - LOs DEFINITELY don't start to put together real words at this age. It might be a coincidence, but nothing to really mean 'mom' or 'dad' yet.

But yes, I also can't wait :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our LO is nearing 7 months and he is not "talking" he is babbling. he makes the mamama dadada and yeah sounds but not in a direct way.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My dh is military & away for training, we skype every few days and about a week ago our ds saw his face and screamed DAAAAADEEEEEEEEEE over an over. We both looked at eachother like....did that really just happen?! I figured it was just a one time thing, but when he came home a week or so later and snuck in to get ds from his nap he again started smiling and screaming DAAAAAAADEEEEEE so much that drool was flying everywhere and he was huffing to catch his breath haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My little one likes to imitate. At 3 months I started to say "rrrrr" like a pirate and she'll imitate that sound. I've been working on "oh", but she's not shaping her mouth right.

Sometimes I'll just repeat sounds, like ma or da. She seems entertained.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemkflower3000:

TB is kind of weird with some of the things that they expect - LOs DEFINITELY don't start to put together real words at this age. It might be a coincidence, but nothing to really mean 'mom' or 'dad' yet.

Is The Bump just trying to freak us all out or what?  Were their advertisers trying to sell a product to help with speech development?  Color me cynical.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"