Parenting after a Loss
Options

so. I go here now. :D

Alice Ruthanne was born this past Wednesday, 9/26. I loves her too much for words. She is teeny and perfect and squirmy and stubborn. :D

We are still at the hospital though. We are having some feeding issues we need to work through, and she has lost morr weight than they like to see. Hopefully going home today, but if we need to hang out another night, thats fine too.

Anyway, just saying hi!! :D

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: so. I go here now. :D

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome!

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • Options
    Woohoo! Still waiting on those promised pics!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so happy to see you over herre!  Welcome and congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Woo hoo!! So happy to see you here. GL with the feeding. We had SO much trouble the first two weeks and DD lost 10 percent. But we toughed it out and now she's gaining like crazy! You can do it!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! The October mama's are about to swarm PAL.

IMG_2014
  • Options
    many congrats!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    imageWearingRed:
    Woohoo! Still waiting on those promised pics!

I know! All I have is my cell, so I will post as soon as I can get to a computer. :D

We are having to supplement with formula now. Not ideal, but I will do whatever I have to do inorder to keep her healthy and fed. I have to wake her up to feed formula every two hours and pump every three. If I get any milk when I pump, I feed it to her at the next feeding. The pump is mainly for the stimulation until my milk comes in. Stubborn little thing fights latching so much that she is burning more calories and energy than she gets feeding.

But things are stabling out so hopefully busting out tonight!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:
    I know! All I have is my cell, so I will post as soon as I can get to a computer. :D We are having to supplement with formula now. Not ideal, but I will do whatever I have to do inorder to keep her healthy and fed. I have to wake her up to feed formula every two hours and pump every three. If I get any milk when I pump, I feed it to her at the next feeding. The pump is mainly for the stimulation until my milk comes in. Stubborn little thing fights latching so much that she is burning more calories and energy than she gets feeding. But things are stabling out so hopefully busting out tonight!

We are still having to do that too. Our early babies missed 4 weeks of learning how to suck, breathe, and swallow. She'll get the hang of it though! I found with Eli it helped if I could get him to suck on my finger first and then swap out the bottle. 

IMG_2014
  • Options
    Welcome & congrats!
  • Options
    She takes a bottle like a champ. Its just my boobs she fights. Sad face. The nurses and LC agree that she just doesn't want to work for it, and she will take to it better once the milk actually comes in. Fingers crossed!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagemrs.ike:
    She takes a bottle like a champ. Its just my boobs she fights. Sad face. The nurses and LC agree that she just doesn't want to work for it, and she will take to it better once the milk actually comes in. Fingers crossed!

I hear ya. I'm only supposed to BF him for 15 minutes and then supplement with a bottle for at least an ounce. He won't stay awake long enough to take 15 minutes of BF because it's so difficult. I will say they kept having me nurse in the bed at the hospital, but I had more success in a chair where I could really sit up straight and lean over a bit and let gravity help.

IMG_2014
  • Options
    Congratulations on the arrival of your little girl!  I hope you all get to go home soon!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats! Good luck with the feeding...hopefully everything will go smoothly for you when your milk comes in!
    Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"