Preemies
Options

Sick with colds

My LO came down with a cold the other day (poor baby caught it from me, how guilty do I feel?). I took him to the Dr and they said he was fine, nothing in his lungs etc- just to do the normal saline, humidifier etc. Now my other LO has caught it (his twin), which I knew would happen but hoped it wouldnt. My question is, should I take him to the Dr also?? I know they are going to tell me the same thing but I am so paranoid abot RSV (they dont have their vaccines yet- still fighting with insurance company) that I feel like I should go. WWYD?

Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sick with colds

• Options
    I personally wouldn't, though I'm trying to remember if I'd have done it differently in the beginning. Probably. They're usually really quick and good about seeing NB/preemies quickly so it can't hurt for the piece of mind. 
  • Options
    Thanks all. I did end of taking them and both boys were checked for RSV, ear infections etc. Thankfully they were given the all clear so its just colds we are dealing with. I am glad I went though- I would have been a wreck not knowing.
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just to be safe.
    ~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• Options
    I would call/go in.  Colds can present differently with different babies.  He may need a breathing treatment, have an ear infection, etc.  I think you can never be too cautious with a preemie, especially in the first 2 years
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"