1st Trimester
Options

EDD change *vent*

My LMP was July 5th, so I should be due April 11th. Well in August I ended up in the ER with cramping and they did an U/S to make sure it wasn't ectopic. It was a normal pregnancy, and they gave me a due date of April 8th based on development. Then I finally got into see my OB last week, and they said ultrasounds before 20 weeks mean nothing and they changed my EDD back to April 11th. I know it's only 3 days difference, and I'm probably just being petty and hormonal but dammit, I've always been told that info from U/S trump everything else.

Plus, I've been having dreams over and over that I've had a missed miscarriage, and they won't do an U/S until 20 weeks no matter what. Just so frustrated!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: EDD change *vent*

• Options
    I always heard that early u/s were the most accurate, and as the pregnancy progresses the fetus will have growth spurts just like an outside baby. I know one u/s (around 12 wk) my DD was almost half the estimated weight that would have been average. She was nine pounds at birth and born the day after the EDD calculated by my LMP, and the day before u/s determined EDD.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My EDD with DD was changed twice. My very first appointment my midwife told me Dec. 2nd, going off of all my info I gave her (first day of last AF, thought of when I Oed, etc.) I went to have a U/S, they put me to 11/29... then at 25weeks they changed me to 12/7!! Totally irritated so I just went with 11/29, but low and behold DD was born directly on 12/2!!!
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ugh I know it's frustrating the same happened to me. I calculated April 15th  u/s shows April 20th.. I've been 11 weeks for what feels like FOREVER! lol

With my first they just based my EDD on a 28 day cycle I were convinced they were wrong and due date should of been on a 35 day cycle. (i had no only 1 u/s in my first pgNT u/s) DD was born 3 wks early from EDD at 8.5lb this time they are basing it off a 35 day cycle.. I'm so nervous that I'm going to have a 12lb baby at this point if LO doesn't come early on its own!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah my dr won't technically change EDD unless you measure more than seven days different from the US. I measured 6 days different so they left it. The only time it worried me was that I needed to schedule the NT scan for closer to the 13 week mark than the 11 week mark to make sure the baby is actually big enough to do the test. Other than that it really doesn't matter much.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • Options
    That's odd. My OB said the early ones are the most accurate because growth is consistent through all pregnancies. The further along you get, babies begin to grow more at their own rate. He won't change a due date after the initial U/S. I'm also surprised your dr hasn't suggested an NT scan. Those happen around 12 to 13 weeks.

I'm sorry about your dreams and stress. :

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    My doctor said that they don't change the official estimated due date unless there's over a week difference because it's all an estimation anyways. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And, if you're this frustrated (not getting the ultrasound you want and lack of communication over the due date thing) why not just look for another doctor who will give you what you want? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My insurance won't pay for anywhere else, but it's a group practice where I never know who I'll end up with in L&D. I do get to see my favorite (I had him with my last pregnancy) for one last appointment before he moves to Arizona (Arizonans are very lucky to get him!). I see him Tuesday for "abnormal pap" check (seems I get them whenever I'm pregnant). I will beg and plead then for an u/s. Hopefully he'll order one before he leaves. I'll feel SOOO much better if he does!

P.S. It wasn't him that I saw that frustrated me!

• Options
    Don't break your head over it. It's all very educated guess work. DD's due date changed 3 times. In the end she came smack dab between the dates. Babies come when they feel like it.

You might be feeling extra sensitive, but in the grand scheme of things this is not something to freak out about. Think about back in the day [as recently as 30 years ago] that they didn't have near the monitoring or EDD tools we have now!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Babies don't pay attention to due dates. :) Honestly, it really doesn't matter what the due date is.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    I ended up measuring 5 days behind my calculated EDD for my entire pregnancy. It made me so mad at the time. I ended up going into labor at 38 weeks, so it didn't matter anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"