Georgia Babies
Options

little miss independent...

Lily is insisting on doing things herself and it is driving me crazy.  I want her to be independent.  I don't mind if she dresses herself.  In fact I want her to.  But she is at the phase where she will not under any circumstances let me help her.  She will put on clothes upside down, inside out, and backwards.  She will take forever to get everything on.  And when I try to help her she completely flips out.  If I tell her to let me zip her dress (back zip) or do the buttons she throws a huge screaming tantrum.  The same with any kind of buttons, ties and such.  I bought her some simple dresses from old navy that don't have any buttons or zippers in them to try and help the situation.  I know she is only going to get better with practice but how do I get her to let me help her?  She gets so frustrated when I tell her the outfit is on wrong and that she has to fix it.

Frankly, I don't have time for this kind of thing in the mornings.   My morning schedule is insane.  I have to get two kids and myself out the door by 6:20 every morning by myself and then drive an hour or more to work.  Please tell me how I can fix this problem or I'll be getting her up with me at 5 a.m.!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: little miss independent...

• Options
    My girls are a little older, but still want to do things by themselves.  Thankfully they don't flip out anymore if I ask if they want help, but most of the time, I'll give them a chance and then they'll ask for help if they need it.  Could you give your DD a little bit of time to try by herself while you do something else and give her the control by saying "Let me know if you'd like any help"?
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"