Food Allergy
Options

MSPI Vent

I decided to go to Ruby Tuesday for dinner tonight. The only other place I've eaten is PF Chang's where I had a good experience. Well, I told the server no dairy and no soy. I got a chicken dish and asked for the snap peas and zucchini. The zucchini came out covered in margarine. Apparently he only specified no butter. Ugh. Luckily, I didn't eat any of that. I had a couple peas they were plain and a couple bites of chicken. No idea of the chicken had soy since he seemed to not understand that margarine was a nono. I'm so upset. I've been on this diet for over 4 weeks and am JUST now seeing improvement in her stools. I hope this didn't bring her back to square one. Ugh.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: MSPI Vent

• Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry. It's so hard not being in charge, but at the same time, you need to live sometimes. I hope it doesn't have bad consequences for you. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks. I remember when you just started.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Next time ask to see a manager and allergen menu... The managers tend to have more intelligence than the servers on these issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We eat out a good amount and the servers have always checked with the manager or the chef before answering questions for me.  I'd definitely ask to speak to a manager next time.  I also have no problem sending food back if it comes out incorrectly.  I'm always apologetic, but no one has ever given me a hard time as I just emphasize that its due to an allergy.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Can I ask what you order at PF Changs?  My son was just diagnosed with MSPI so I"m still learning and mostly eating at home for now, but I have a business lunch tomorrow and my client has chosen PF Changs, which screams SOYSOYSOY in my head.  I've been googling like crazy, but if you have had success there I'd love to know what I can order.  Also, for the record, i'm lactose intolerant and feel like no one ever gets it.  My mother in law to this day makes Easter and Christmas dinner, and tells me "Don't worry, I only put a little bit of milk in this."  Umm.....yea that's not going to work.  It's not the quantity it's the "quality"?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"