Special Needs
Options

I have another WWYD

Lately, Chris has taken to screaming when he's frustrated instead of asking for help.  It's starting to die down but he's still doing it.  

Anyway, I was changing his diaper and he started screaming.  All I said was "Christopher!" and he says "SHU-YUP!"  So I'm wondering - who told him to shut up?  It has to be someone at school but how do I ask?   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: I have another WWYD

• Options

He could have heard 'shut up' from anybody.  Another kid, another adult.  Not necessarily one of the teachers (but perhaps one of the teachers).  His dad, his grandparents...anyone.

Asking the school, even lightly, I feel certain you will get a blank stare and a "I can't imgaine who would say that to him" kind of response.

If it's got your antenna up for overall care at the school, well, keep them up.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options

Peyton picked shut up, up from telling the neighbors dog to shut up..so it's this giant mean german shepherd and she's all, "shut up dog" lol "You make a lot of fuss dog."

It's probably not the worst thing he will ever say, just tell him it's not nice and to try and change it to "be quiet" or something.  

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You guys are right.  The more I thought about it, the more I thought he could've heard it anywhere.  I mean his screaming these days is the kind that makes you walk out of the room, count to ten and then come back in.  Gets under your skin.  I can't even imagine some poor SPD kid having to deal with that.  "Shut up" suddenly seems pretty light.  

At first I thought maybe it might be one of the teaching assistants to be honest.  The teacher seems like the kind of guy who has zen-like patience.  

I'll keep an eye/ear out to see if he comes up with any more of these little gems. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"