VBAC

We got our VBAC! Story and Pics inside.

I posted my vbac birth story on my blog today. Warning, it is LONG. My doula took notes throughout the entire L&D and I included quite a bit of detail with the intention of sharing with my local ICAN group. I figured some of you ladies would be interested in the details as well, so here's the link to the full story:

https://gobinfamily.blogspot.com/2012/09/rhetts-birth-story.html

Here's the short version: 

Rhett Clark was born via VBAC after 24 hours of labor. I got to the point at 5-6 cm where I wasn't handling the contractions well and got an epidural about 20 hours into it, which weakened my contractions. After 2 more hours (and still stuck at a 5-6) the OB convinced me that I needed just a LITTLE pitocin to strengthen up my contractions. To my amazement, a level 4 of pit was enough to dilate me to a full 10 cm within about 2 hours. Pushing was difficult since I could feel NOTHING from the epidural, but I was able to push out my baby in 55 minutes. I got immediate skin-to-skin contact and my husband was able to announce the sex (it's a BOY! I was so surprised) and cut the cord. It was definitely the most emotional and memorable experience of my life.

Recovery from the vaginal birth has been a BREEZE compared to the c/s. I wouldn't necessarily say I was in more pain from the c/s, but I was also on more pain killers - so I was pretty out of it and just took a few weeks to really snap back to one again. With the vbac, I felt pretty much 100% by day 3. Even my 2nd degree tear has been little more to deal with than a bad papercut - not even exaggerating. And the best part is that I'm able to pick up and cuddle with my 2 year old, which is HUGE.

I hope my story encourages other c-section mamas to try for a vbac! Choose supportive care providers and hospitals and you CAN do it :)

Here's a pic of our newest addition when he as about 8 hours old.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: We got our VBAC! Story and Pics inside.

• Yay! So exciting! I had a second-degree tear after my VBAC also, and it felt a ton better after about two weeks. It was a lot quicker recovery than my c/s.

Enjoy your new addition!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• This is a really great story! Thanks for sharing it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! He's cute!

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Congratulations on your new addition and the VBAC!! 

• Congratulations! So glad you were able to VBAC!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats on the VBAC! Isn't the fast recovery so worth it?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • Thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"