Birth Stories
Options

Codi James Dean Hammond

June 28th 2012...my husband and i have been waiting for 9 months to the day to meet our little baby boy. We have decided to get induced because both the providers from my medical center were going to be out of town. June 28th was my due date. I have been waiting to get induced since June 25th. Everyday something different would happen to where i could not get induced. I grew impatient every min of every day. The morning of June 28th i called the labor and delivery room at Mad River Community Hospital to see if they could induce me yet they said 'no' once again. I got really upset so my husband and i went for a walk i was so mad it was just unbearable then i got a call from my grandpa saying that i need to just enjoy the time i have because this is my husband and I's first baby. So i took his advice and just started to relax. So after my husband and i walked for what seemed hours we went back to my mothers house and my cousin my husband my mother and i all decided to go out to breakfast at the Chalet. It was there at 10AM that i started having an achy pain in my lower stomach it wasn't enough to bother me so i let it ride. After breakfast we went back to the house and we all decided that we were going to go to a movie. Before i made the decision i called the labor and delivery room once again and this time they told me to come in about 1PM. As 1 came around i was just waiting for a call for them to say that they cant have my come in...again. but 1pm arrived and man were we ready. i got admitted and at 3pm they started the induction and started at a 2 with pitocin. Didn't take long to dilate to a 4 cause i was already at a 3 when i got there...took me a min to realize that the achy pains i felt earlier that morning ended up being contractions...who knew anyway they uped the pit to a 4 and it stayed there i got dilated to a 6 and the doc popped my water she said it was a good thing that i got induced cause they was maconium in the bag after and hour i was dilated to a 7 and  then i stopped dilating the contractions were one right after another so they lowered the pit back to a 2 then after that my body did all the work. by the time i got to a 7 it was 8pm i was a 7 for 2 hours...they lowered the pit and an hour later i was at a 9 at 11:30pm i was starting to push. The complication that i had during birth was that every time i pushed Codi's heart rate would go down it got to where they couldn't get a good reading on the belly heart monitor so they had to insert one into his head...so they was i had to push was every other contraction and i had to use the oxygen mask and take deep breaths. my son was born at 11:59 pm He was 6lbs 5oz and 18 1/2 inches long <3. They said he was breathing to fast and they had to do check up on him. 4 hours after labor he was perfectly fine...June 28th was the best day of my life...my whole world changed forever <3 i love you Codi James Dean Hammond!

Re: Codi James Dean Hammond

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"