April 2012 Moms
Options

High heels question

So I've heard that more expensive, higher quality heels don't hurt your feet like the cheapies do. Is this true? How expensive are we talking here? I want to get a pair of heels for special occasions, but it is a pretty expensive gamble. Help me out.
i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: High heels question

• Options
    I do find that more expensive shoes are generally more comfortable. I think nine west is reasonably priced and comfy. I also like J.Crew but those are more spendy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Certain brands position the heel on the shoe so that your weight is distributed better. The only ones I know for sure that do this are the really high end stuff like Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin.

When I shop for heels, I look for some that have a platform or mini-platform. It makes them more comfortable because your foot will be at less of an elevation. Have fun shoe shopping...I'm green!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have tried on $10 payless heels and $200 designer ones at Nordstrom. They all hurt. My advice? Go to Nordstrom Rack and try a bunch on until you find some that hurt less than the others. They will be "last season" but a great bargain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Okay, perhaps a more expensive heel has a bit more quality and therefore a slighter degree of more comfort.  But in my humble experience of being a heel lover, don't spend more for minute comfort.  the honest-to-goodness truth is being comfortable in heels comes from walking in heel frequently.  your muscles get used to adapting to the support you give them. if you wear sneakers all the time, all heels will be uncomfortable.  If you wear heels all the time (pre-baby me) sneakers, flats and flipflops are torture.  Of course now I just want to be a bare foot redneck, but I digress.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thanks. Right now I am just window shopping, but I will need shoes for the wedding in September and then another in November and then our anniversary is in November too and it is the first one in two years that I've not been up the duff.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options

imagegisa886:
    Thanks. Right now I am just window shopping, but I will need shoes for the wedding in September and then another in November and then our anniversary is in November too and it is the first one in two years that I've not been up the duff.

You need heels!

High heels aren't THAT uncomfortable. I wear them out in NY and do a ton of walking usually and I end up being okay. I'm also really short and need high heels.

Whenever I've purchased really cheap shoes they have sucked. I think shoes are worth a bit of a splurge.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I worked at a shoe store it was very funny when people would buy strappy heels, then wear them out dancing/clubbing all night, then try to bring them back because they hurt their feet. Of course the first time, or first many times you wear a strappy heels, your feet are going to hurt. Anywho, my suggestion would not be one that is very strappy because they end up hurting more a lot of times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I suck in high heels no matter the price.
  • Options
    imagejessandandy09:
    Okay, perhaps a more expensive heel has a bit more quality and therefore a slighter degree of more comfort.nbsp; But in my humble experience of being a heel lover, don't spend more for minute comfort.nbsp; the honesttogoodness truth is being comfortable in heels comes from walking in heel frequently.nbsp; your muscles get used to adapting to the support you give them. if you wear sneakers all the time, all heels will be uncomfortable.nbsp; If you wear heels all the time prebaby me sneakers, flats and flipflops are torture.nbsp; Of course now I just want to be a bare foot redneck, but I digress.

I could wear them around the house to get used to them. I wear flip flops all the time. Even in winter sometimes. I'm not a very fancy gal, even though I'd love to be.
  • Options
    imagejacka02:
    Even at my wedding I only had 1" heels and the only reason I had that at all is because I didn't want to have to pay to have my dress hemmed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagegisa886:
    imagejessandandy09:
    Okay, perhaps a more expensive heel has a bit more quality and therefore a slighter degree of more comfort.nbsp; But in my humble experience of being a heel lover, don't spend more for minute comfort.nbsp; the honesttogoodness truth is being comfortable in heels comes from walking in heel frequently.nbsp; your muscles get used to adapting to the support you give them. if you wear sneakers all the time, all heels will be uncomfortable.nbsp; If you wear heels all the time prebaby me sneakers, flats and flipflops are torture.nbsp; Of course now I just want to be a bare foot redneck, but I digress.
    I could wear them around the house to get used to them. I wear flip flops all the time. Even in winter sometimes. I'm not a very fancy gal, even though I'd love to be.

yep, its a good bet, get some heels now, and start wearing the heels a couple hours a day.  also get a few pairs of cheep heels and wear them around as much as "mommy time" allows, your legs and back will adjust and your feet will be able to handle the stress.  It honestly doesn't have to do with fancy or not, cause there are some kick @ss flip flops out there, it really really really about adjusting your body to wearing them.

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imagejessandandy09:
    Okay, perhaps a more expensive heel has a bit more quality and therefore a slighter degree of more comfort.  But in my humble experience of being a heel lover, don't spend more for minute comfort.  the honest-to-goodness truth is being comfortable in heels comes from walking in heel frequently.  your muscles get used to adapting to the support you give them. if you wear sneakers all the time, all heels will be uncomfortable.  If you wear heels all the time (pre-baby me) sneakers, flats and flipflops are torture.  Of course now I just want to be a bare foot redneck, but I digress.

This is true. I used to wear heels every day, pre-baby. Around 5months, as my center of gravity changed and I had a few near falls, I switched to flats. My feet were killing me until they adjusted. I kept getting cramps on the arch, since it was used to being, well, arched. Transitioning back to heels hasn't been easy, and my feet are sore much faster than before. It takes time. Wear them around the house for a while, it will help stretch them out, and help your feet get used to them. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    it seriously depends on the brand. i'm SUPER sensitive with heels. BCBG brand has always been nice to me. They run $60-80, but again it's worth-it if you can wear them a bunch of times without crying :)
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Options
    imageJazzyashes84:
    it seriously depends on the brand. i'm SUPER sensitive with heels. BCBG brand has always been nice to me. They run $60-80, but again it's worth-it if you can wear them a bunch of times without crying :)
    one of the only heels that I own that I can actual wear and not be in pain are my BCBG ones. I got them at Ross for only $20. It was a really good find.
  • Options
    I get moderately priced heels at Shi by Journey and I've found them a hundred times more comfortable than cheapies. And since I have a go big or go home attitude with heels, I'm willing to fork over the extra cash!

• Options

imagehuahualove:
    imagejacka02:
    Even at my wedding I only had 1" heels and the only reason I had that at all is because I didn't want to have to pay to have my dress hemmed.

I wore white sketchers sandals!  I don't do heels.  Even 1/2 an inch hurt me.  

• Options
    Another reason to wear them a bit before an event is that you can figure out if there are any problem spots and add inserts as needed.  I generally have to add gel heel grips to mine.

• Options
    Try wedges! To me, theyre soo much easier to walk in, and look just as pretty! I love charlotte russe:

https://m.charlotterusse.com/mobile/catalog/thumbnail.cmd?subCategoryId=2668
  • Options

this summer I had a few weddings and bought a really high wedge to wear with them. I'm not used to heels so I got the wedge for the balance issue since I was holding LO at the weddings

I wish I could wear a cute pair of nude pumps but have nowhere to wear them and I'm afraid I'll fall (I have horrible balance!)

• Options
    imagetiannalee:

imagehuahualove:
    imagejacka02:

I wore white sketchers sandals!  I don't do heels.  Even 1/2 an inch hurt me.  

I changed into really cute slippers at the reception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"