Pregnant after a Loss
Options

HMO Question

Does anyone know if you need to set up the primary care pediatrician with your HMO before giving birth?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog

Re: HMO Question

• Options
    I don't think so because you don't add the baby to the insurance until after it is born and named, and sometimes not until after it has an SSN. If you can though, I would make sure the doctor or practice that will be checking the baby in the hospital is covered by your HMO.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Options

imageMoreThanABride:
    I don't think so because you don't add the baby to the insurance until after it is born and named, and sometimes not until after it has an SSN. If you can though, I would make sure the doctor or practice that will be checking the baby in the hospital is covered by your HMO.

This.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband and I belong to a different group that our kids, so we did let them know that we want the doctor who checks the baby at the hospital in the same group as our other children.  We only did this because they sent us a letter in the mail assigning the baby with my husband's and my group and we didn't want there to be 2 doctors showing up (Definitely NOT wanting to pay for 2 doctors!).  If the baby is going to have a doctor in the same group as you it doesn't matter, but because we all had doctors before switching to an HMO plan we need to keep the two groups separate.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"