December 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas/birthday gift ideas

I already have family asking what they can get DS for his birthday and Christmas this year! My mom already got him a pottery barn "anywhere chair" and the little tikes car.  Any other suggestions??

Since their birthdays are so close to Christmas I want to get him some things that he will use throughout the year (more 18-24 mo. things) since there isn't another opportunity for gifts during the year.  

Re: Christmas/birthday gift ideas

• Options
    I am a christmas baby and my parents always had a summer birthday for me in june so that was when I got things for summer and it was especially good as I got older because rather than getting a bike in december we are up north when I wouldn't be able to use it I got for my summer birthday in june so you could try that. I appreciated it as a kid because not only it is tough for presents in decmber but christmas is such a big holiday that you really feel like u get full attention in december so it was nice to have a smaller celebration in june. Just my experience.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    H's birthday is the 23rd, and he grew up celebrating either before it got crazy in Dec or after in Jan.  I think we'll do the same.  Birthdays aren't really about gifts to me, so I'm not worried that he doesn't have another time of year to get gifts, I just want to make sure E has one day that he feels special because it is his bday, not another holiday.  That will be our goal.  As for gifts, we'll probably do things that will be good for at least the next year.  I'm assuming he will be spoiled by our parents, friends and relatives, so I will let E open everything, but pull some aside after and get them out at random times during the year.  
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"