August 2012 Moms
Options

How long were you told you cannot drive?

I was told not to drive for 4-6 weeks. I cannot remember how long I couldn't drive after my last c section. I feel like it was only 2 weeks.

What were you told?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How long were you told you cannot drive?

• Options
    They never told me anything about not driving. Baby Boy is a week old and I was out driving when he was 6 days old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was told one week.
    I make cute babies.

IMG_0872

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery and was told two weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery, the doctor said not to drive for 1-2 weeks.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't drive but it was never mentioned. I had a vaginal delivery. It makes sense to me that if you're on some intense pain killers you'd have to avoid driving, but I'm confused as to why it would be an issue otherwise, other than "as tolerated." I really don't remember any mention of it at all.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options
    I was told one week (vaginal delivery).
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD (vaginal) No Restrictions Given

DS (c/s) No Restrictions Given

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It wasn't mentioned at the time, but doc did give me the all-clear on activity, including driving and excluding "judo and kick boxing," at my appt yesterday. I'm 16 days pp and drove this morning for the first time since my c-section. Up until now, I haven't felt physically up to it nor did I want to risk it on Percocet.
  • Options

After my c-section, I was told not to drive for at least 2 weeks---longer if I was still taking pain meds or if I couldn't slam on the brakes without pain.

• Options
    I was told one to two weeks.
    m/c 2013
  • Options
    I was told two weeks and 4 weeks on activity
  • Options
    No driving for 2 weeks and no lifting anything heavier than baby for 6 weeks.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was told 4-6 weeks as well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    2w and even then it was difficult. I am 5w post c/s today and i still have pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery and wasn't given any restrictions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageNikko Blue:
    I had a vaginal delivery and wasn't given any restrictions.

Same here.  It never occurred to me not to drive for any time period. 

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Doc cleared me to drive at 2 w pp visit.  I wasn't on pain killers after the first week and cheated to drive myself to LO's dr appt and my own dr appt. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was told 2 weeks because of the pain meds, but I stopped taking all meds 5 days pp, so I started to drive shortly after. 

• Options

After my c/s with DD, I was told no stairs for 10 days and no driving for 4 weeks.  

After my VBACs with DS1 and DS2, I was told I could drive after 1 week.   

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    I had a vaginal and wasn't given a restriction. I didnt need any pain meds though
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wasn't told I couldn't drive this time. Last time I was told to wait 3 weeks.
  • Options
    My instructions said not to drive while on the pain meds and until you are comfortable doing so.  I didn't take any meds after leaving the hospital, and drove about a week later
    Don't be so hard on yourself Even a clock that isn't working is right twice a day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo bumpsig_zps1c080282.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options

With my 1st c-section, I couldn't drive for 4 weeks.

With this c-section, it was just under 2 weeks from delivery.  I was cleared when I saw my OB a week after my discharge.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Became a Mrs. on 4/29/06 and a Mommy on 12/5/08

image image image
  • Options
    What is wrong with this phone version of the bump? I had 4 'vaginals' not whatever it changed my word too lol
    lolololo
  • Options
    I had a c-section, and was told I couldn't drive until 2 weeks post partum.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was given no driving restrictions. I drove the day after we got home from the hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"