Babies on the Brain
Options

TTC before postpartum period?

After having our first baby in May, my midwife said we could start trying for our second anytime...so we have been.

I am BF, not exclusively, I have had to supplement once or twice per day. My period has not yet returned. Just wondering, for those of you who have gotten pregnant prior to your period returning, when did you test or how did you find out you were expecting again?

Also, when is the best time to "you know"? Since I have no period I have no clue when there is an opportunity to get pregnant.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Re: TTC before postpartum period?

• Options

Without having any clue when you will ovulate, there is no best time.   My PP cycle didn't return until 11 months and I had low supply and had to supplement too.   We were of the "if it happens, it happens" mindset, so I just tested about once a month.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    I EBF until 11m then weaned at 1 year. I was on the mini pill until a month ago. I am currently pg and I never had a pp AF.

I tested once a month before I started a new pack of pills.

Eta: once I was off BCP I charted and knew by temp shifts I ovulated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would test every 2-3 weeks if you're having lots of unprotected sex in the hopes of getting pregnant.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Does "you know" mean having sex? Because I think you're probably old enough to use your big girl words.

If you're really excited about getting KU right away, I'd suggest having sex every 2-3 days and then test every other week or so. Although TBH, the thought of having that much sex so soon after having a baby makes my vagina cringe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get a period until LO was about 9 months (I stopped BF when he was 8 months).  No idea how you measure other than the PP saying test once a month.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"