Blended Families
Options

I wish my ex was less crappy..

So we were shopping earlier this week and we passed a Hunger Games display and DD mentioned that her dad bought her Hunger Games (which she already has at our house) on DVD as her late birthday present this past weekend. EX and her SM had not seen the movie yet but DD loves it and they all watched it together. Great, right? Except that DD's birthday was in January and she sees them EOWE and her little sister's birthday was in April and she got presents. This is not the first year they have stiffed her. They thew her a "joint" party with her sister on her sister's 1st birthday. DD never mentioned not getting a birthday gift in January and I didn't want to make her feel worse but DH and I were sort of speechless when she mentioned it at first and then DH was like "huh? birthday present?" thinking we had misunderstood and she mentioned they had not gotten her one before. We were like "oh, ok" I mean what do you say to that?

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

Re: I wish my ex was less crappy..

• Options
    Wow! My xh refused a dinner visit when I called earlier that day to inform him one of the kids had strep! She was so upset that daddy didn't want to have dinner with because she was sick ....do my bf took her out for ice cream for dinner to make her feel better.....
  • Options
    I hear you. My dd is still waiting on her birthday gift from April xh is buying her a bike. When I ask about it bc if he's not going to buy it, I will have to so she has one he says he is saving money. But in meantime he painted his house, redid his bathroom etc. I don't understand and probably never will. :
    Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh geez... I don't understand how XH and SM cannot get her a bday present on her bday. 
  • Options

imagewendilea:
    Your ex and my ex need to get together and have coffee.  What a sh!tty thing to do.

My ex should join in as well. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    BM promised the boys her old car in May.... they even agreed to pay for the mechanic ao it would pass inspection. No car...
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagewendilea:
    Your ex and my ex need to get together and have coffee.  What a sh!tty thing to do.

Mine needs to join that coffee date too.

I just found out a couple weeks ago that my ex MIL got DS a Nintendo 3DS for xmas last year. The problem being my ex hasn't taken my son for almost a year so my son still hadn't gotten presents from his dad/dad's family from his last B-day or xmas last year. So anyway ex had made a big deal about him getting the 3DS so my son knew he was getting it for xmas . Ex tells my son he "borrowed" the 3DS while he was in the hospital (for booze related issues) and it broke so they sent it to be "fixed". Which in other words means that my ex was broke-as usual and pawned it or sold it. This is either the 3rd or 4th system that has "broke" and sent away to be fixed that has never returned. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's bs :( it's one thing not to be able to afford gifts but to obviously have the money for one child's party and gifts and not another that is really messed up
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It doesn't even seem like a gift for her - it sounds as if THEY wanted to watch the movie, so they purchased it and told your DD it was her birthday gift.  How awful!

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Options
    BM has been bad about this in the last two years.  She promises SD a big party, a pet bunny, a new bike... things she doesn't have the money to deliver on.  It's frustrating.
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"