January 2012 Moms
Options

need advice

So DS will go to sleep pretty much no problem but I give him a bottle to go to sleep. We've always fed to sleep since we used to bf. I've tried feeding him and keeping him awake and then put him down. He will cry forever. I've tried multiple times of CIO. Do you think I need to teach him to fall asleep without a bottle or should I just leave it since it works?

Re: need advice

• Options

My opinion is that it's ok for now.  I wouldn't be worried about it until sometime after 12 months old.  I'm not a medical professional though, so I don't know what age is normal to not need a feeding before sleep.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

It sounds like he is comfortable with that routine. Like PP I don't see any harm in it at this age. Maybe you could start to create a new routine? Like bottle, a bath, a book and then off to bed (or whatever variation works for you) This Could become his new routine over time.  

Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think it's a big deal. My DD was a horrible sleeper and we did the CIO but our routine is still the same: jamies, bottle, rocking for a minute or two, she gets very sleepy, I put her in her crib and she's out within minutes.

If the routine works and he is comfortable with it and sleeps well, why not :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think  it is a matter of routine and, if it works for you, why change?

Our routine is more along the lines of wake up, change then eat, play, then back to sleep. Seems to work for us with minimal fuss, but mostly since this is how LO started training us.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"