January 2011 Moms

any fun plans for the rest of summer?

Where has everyone gone, it is getting to be very quiet around here.  Any fun plans coming up before summer ends?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: any fun plans for the rest of summer?

• It is super quiet! 

We leave for the beach on Friday when DH gets home from work.  Then Labor Day weekend I'm heading to Pittsburgh area to visit one of my college roommates.  She's due 7 days before me, and it's her first. 

After that I'm sitting on my couch relaxing until Sept 27th!

• We are camping labor day weekend, other then that we do not have a whole lot going on.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not really - we went on vacation last week.  DH is probably going to work tons of OT for the next 3 or 4 months which is good because we like the money but stressful for me with child care.  My oldest DS goes back to school on the 27th and Joshua starts pre-school 2 days a week  for 3 hours a morning on Sept. 5th. I am in OKC tonight & tomorrow for work. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm moving, starting work, and trying to find a good Daycare for DS in the meantime. Lots going on. But I'm trying to fit in some fun as well. We went to the Legoland Aquarium on Tuesday. That was a lot of fun. We will probably go to the beach again this weekend.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRouensDream:
    I'm moving, starting work, and trying to find a good Daycare for DS in the meantime. Lots going on. But I'm trying to fit in some fun as well. We went to the Legoland Aquarium on Tuesday. That was a lot of fun. We will probably go to the beach again this weekend.
    that is a lot going on at Once. Hope it all goes well. We are on the east coast but dh loves Legos and is hoping ds will also. Someday we will make it to legoland!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedebperdoo:
    imageRouensDream:
    I'm moving, starting work, and trying to find a good Daycare for DS in the meantime. Lots going on. But I'm trying to fit in some fun as well. We went to the Legoland Aquarium on Tuesday. That was a lot of fun. We will probably go to the beach again this weekend.
    that is a lot going on at Once. Hope it all goes well. We are on the east coast but dh loves Legos and is hoping ds will also. Someday we will make it to legoland!

Yeah!! You have to come out and do Legoland! It is so much fun! I think it is better for ages 4-10, so you have some time. Wink 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today is the first day of my 2 week vacation (that I told them I still wanted to take before I accepted the job). I'm actually having fun with work and have to force myself not to take my work computer with me.

Later today we're going to the Poconos, PA for a week with our friends who have a kid 6 months older than DD. It's about 2 hours from where we live. We rented a 3 bedroom house and are planning to take turns watching the kids for parts of it so that each couple can have some alone time. But, DD has been waking up a LOT the past couple of weeks because she was super sick (croup) and then got in the habit of waking up. Last night she was up from 2-5am and was singing and trying to play. She has never done that before. So, I'm kind of nervous about how things will go this week. I was hoping the 2 kids would be in their own room, but I'm starting to think she'll be bunking with us which takes away the whole point of this vacation.

There's a train museum for kids in the area so we'll go there 'cause both kids love trains (thankful they still wear diapers and DH is an EMT because they might poop their pants and pass out from excitement). We're also going swimming, and row boating and maybe berry picking. And there's a zipline and ropes course in the area that the adults want to do.

ALSO, the dad in the other family is the pickiest eater on the planet so we're bringing a lot of our own food, which is actually kind of pain.

I'm hoping the week will end up being fun and it won't feel like we could have just taken a couple of day trips and had more fun.

For the second week, we're doing stay-cation things like cleaning more junk out of the apartment (it feels like there is a never-ending amount of junk in here) and starting to look at kitchen things 'cause we hope to re-do ours sometime soon. And we're going to see Newsies on Broadway!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • We might head to the beach!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing until this baby comes. I feel bad that I don't do more wit JT but 1 outing per day is sufficient for both of us for now and it usually revolves around shopping. Poor kid.

Today is a great day to swim but our pool is green (always when I want to use it, something is up!) so maybe, just maybe, I'll take him to a sprinkler park. I'm undecided.

DH gets surgery on his ACL and miniscus (sp?) probably 8/30 so other than a family bbq here and there we are staying put!

Next year for sure I'm planning a week at the beach though but this year I just can't find the motivation. Mom2Mack I'm impressed with your ambition!! 

• Not much planned here. We had a anniversary weekend planned with my sister and BIL at my parents lake cabin, but those plans have been spoiled a bit, so now it will be a family weekend with my parents all the kids and my brother and his girlfriend. It will still be a good time, but it won't be as relaxing as I was hoping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"