Health & Exercise
Options

healthy snacks for work

I need some suggestions for easy snacks for work.  If I could find the whole folder of info from my GD days, I would refer back to that, but my plan is to go shopping right after leaving work tonight.  I'm looking for low carb options.  My problem is there are too many candy jars containing chocolate, twizzlers, etc. around here.  I have zero willpower.  I am busting my butt in the gym and have definitely seen results (I am now nearly 25 lbs. under my pre-preg weight and when I was pregnant, I topped out somewhere north of 210) but I just get snacky during the day.  And I think this is probably my biggest problem right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: healthy snacks for work

• Options
    when I snack I usually eat apples or a fiber one bar.  at night when I get the munchies I snack on graham crackers.  not sure how healthy that is but it satisfies my sweet tooth
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

carrot, celery, cucumber sticks

greek yogurt

almonds

cottage cheese

grapes

if portion control is an issue, package them into servings as soon as you get home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I do pretzels with some hummus (but you could use carrots/celery sticks, or any other veggie). I also do a piece of fruit in the afternoon. I didn't even realize how sweet fruit was until I started cutting back on other sweets. 

I also take gummy vitamins which have a little bit of sugar in them. So I eat them with my morning snack or right after lunch and they really seem to cure my desire for sweets.

I'm a huge chocolate craver. More than anything else, probably. I found Attune chocolate bars, which taste great and have probiotics in them. So it's still eating chocolate (but it's pre-portioned), but at least there's some benefit to it! 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options
    It's may not the healthiest suggestion, but plain old Cheerios have been doing it for me lately!
    Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • Options

Here are some of my favorites. Good luck!

Nutrigrain bars, granola bars, protein bars

cottage cheese with fruit - real good if you have a sweet tooth

frozen greek yogurt bars - 70 calories per bar with 6 gms of protein (also good for curing a sweet tooth)

apple with peanut butter

whole fruit

apple sause

yogurt and granola (not too much granola - high in calories)

Writing this list is making me hungry! LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I did end up googling for some ideas and this is what I ended up at the store last night:

cheese cubes & ritz whole wheat crackers

light string cheese

low fat cottage cheese

the individual peanut butter cups (for apples, celery or whatever else I come up with)

hummus for veggies

the little 100 calorie packs of fudge grams

white cheddar rice cakes

sugar free jellow pudding snack packs (vanilla & chocolate/vanilla swirl)

sugar free oreos

celery sticks and baby carrots

We do have grab and go fruit in our cafe so that definitely does help.  I'm probably going to boil some eggs tonight so I can add that to the snack stash.  I really do need to dig out my folder from my GD days to get more of an idea for additional snacks and meals

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do not partake in sugary snacks, I just can't. They go right to my waistline:) I snack on high-protein snacks too. My go-tos are string cheese, Greek yogurt, carrots with hummus, apple, banana. Lots of water. A healthy lunch, usually a salad. I am steadily losing a pound or so a week on this type of diet, and although I am not seeing super fast results, it's steady and something I can live with. I never feel like I am hungry, probably because I make sure my protein intake is high. I do splurge, and I love red wine, but it's all about consistency!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My favorite low carb snacks are unsalted roasted almonds, cheese sticks, lunch meat (though you need to warm this up while you're prego), grilled chicken pieces, beef jerky (I LOVE PaleoKits), and veggies with high fat/low carb dips. Good luck!

Edit to add: I love everydaypaleo.com. It's not all ultra low carb but it's all super clean. Sarah is a genius. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"