January 2011 Moms
Options

Costco

There's a slight possibility that we went a little crazy at Costco yesterday. We finally got our own membership instead of going with our parents every so often. But we still shopped as if we only go twice a year.

We came back with 5 pounds of turkey cutlets, 5 pounds of chicken cutlets, 4 pounds of ground turkey, and a bunch of cold cuts.

I made half the chicken in the crock pot last night. Turns out, I think chicken comes out really badly in the crock pot. (I put it on high for 1 hour and low for 6 or 7 hours.)

I'm baking the other half of the chicken and half the turkey now. Stupidly, I put it in the oven too late and now I have to stay up late for it to finish.

Once it's all cooked, I have no idea where we will store it since both the fridge and freezer is loaded with everything else we got.

I better not have to cook for at least a week and we better finish it all.

Also, Costco chocolate chip cookies were on sale and we didn't get any. Isn't that impressive?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Costco

• Options
    Costco sucks me in every time and I spend way too much. But I love it.Big Smile

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's what you'll eat for 1 week? I'm impressed (and kind of grossed out at the same time - that's a whole lotta meat).

We don't do Costco but BJ's instead. And I hate going there because I can't stand to buy food in bulk. To me, it always goes bad before we can eat it. And for the meat I'm too lazy to cook it in advance or split it up before freezing, etc. I hate when DH buys produce there because I'm the one stuck throwing out moldy pieces of fruit and it's gross.

I'm glad you enjoy gals enjoy it though!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

That's what you'll eat for 1 week? I'm impressed (and kind of grossed out at the same time - that's a whole lotta meat).

We don't do Costco but BJ's instead. And I hate going there because I can't stand to buy food in bulk. To me, it always goes bad before we can eat it. And for the meat I'm too lazy to cook it in advance or split it up before freezing, etc. I hate when DH buys produce there because I'm the one stuck throwing out moldy pieces of fruit and it's gross.

I'm glad you enjoy gals enjoy it though!! 

Ok, I left out that I'm planning on freezing most of the cooked meat so that we have lunches ready for daycare - we are not eating 10 pounds of meat in a week. You're right, that's gross.

But still, I hope that I won't have to cook for the rest of week or worry about lunches for DD for the next 2 weeks and for at least part of September (daycare is closed the last 2 weeks of August).

We pretty much skipped the produce because it does go bad. That said, my ILs get stuff and make us take some of it, which works.

I agree that some of it is insane. We got a package of napkins which will probably take us 10 years to finish.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"