December 2010 Moms
Options

Newborn "schedule"?

DS2 seems to like to sleep most of the late afternoon/ early evening and then be awake/fussy after feeding him around 3/330am. 

It seems like he goes down for the night between 6-7pm. Then he's up every 3-4 hours to eat, get changed and swaddled and he goes right back down in the bassinet - except after 330am. He just won't settled down and sleep. I don't know if it's gas/tummy issues or if he just wants to be awake for a bit. I usually give up after listening to him grunt and move around for 15-30mins and bring him into bed with me to try to get him back to sleep. Sometimes he does, but I honestly don't really know since I'm half asleep myself. 

Then he wants to nurse 2 ish hours later and sleeps until 730ish and is awake for the day.

I feel like there is nothing I can really do about it, right? It's not like at this age I can keep him awake later or push bedtime later?

It's just been hard since I can't go to bed until after DS1 goes down and the. He wakes up at 6 or 630am. DH gets him up and stuff, but then he's getting ready for work himself so I can't really sleep.

Any advice? Or just sympathy and remind me that it does get easier with getting them on a loose schedule that matches DS1? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn "schedule"?

• Options

just want to say i feel your pain.  it is 4 am here that she just grunts and grosns and i end up bringing her into bed with us.  my newborn is pretty much on the same timing as yours.

hoping it gets better too 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think you can do too much at that age! There's a 3 wk growth spurt too ... Maybe feedings will space out a little after that?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLtlsktl30:

just want to say i feel your pain.  it is 4 am here that she just grunts and grosns and i end up bringing her into bed with us.  my newborn is pretty much on the same timing as yours.

hoping it gets better too 

It's nice to know that I'm not alone!

He's definitely had a growth spurt this past few days with his marathon breast feeding sessions and most of his newborn clothes don't fit anymore.

I have his 2 week pedi appt. today, so we'll see how much he weighs.  

• Options
    D was like that in the beginning too. Now at almost 4 months he will do the same if his last night feed is any later than 4 am. Too close to morning time for him to settle back down. I'm thinking of starting a dream feed to try to help with this but I'm nervous it will backfire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"