VBAC
Options

My VBAC baby is here!!!

First off thank you all for all your support, question answering and allowing me to be apart of this board.  I did it! 

Here is a brief story I wrote up:

I lost my mp on Saturday. More fell out Monday night with a small bloody show. I wasn't doing anything more than cramping. Went to the chiro and got my normal adjustment as well as my ankles adjusted and a second acupuncture session. I was still crampy but nothing big. 
Tuesday I went to the OB. Had my nst. I was still crampy but again nothing major. Went to the library with DS and when I came home had a larger bloody show. The cramps continued into the night but only woke me a few times.
Sat down to eat yummy oatmeal with DS Wednesday morning and just as we cuddled up on the couch, the baby moved and I felt a pop! My water broke!
I woke up poor DH who had just gone to sleep after working all night and called into the OB to see what he wanted me to do because I was gbs +. They asked me to come in the office to be sure it was my water bag. We took our time. Got DS off with my sister and went to eat a bite. 
Got to the office around 12 noon and it was my water bag. I was 1cm and 50% with a very soft cervix. Thank you epo!
I was admitted to l&d around 2 pm and my doula arrived around 3. Once she arrived a sense of relief filled me and I started to have more pressure waves. 
By 8-9 I was steadily having pressure waves every 3-4 minutes. They were strong and very intense. I kept going to my special place and reaffirming to myself that I could do this. Around 11pm I got in the shower, heaven! It made the waves more manageable. I stayed in the shower imagining my cervix soft and open open open. I literally felt it open. I had to get out of the shower ASAP. I asked to be checked. My first check since the office. I asked not to be informed but for my doula to know. I layed down to rest on my side and things went fast! I had been 6cm when checked the first time. I had the urge to push within a few pressure waves. Noone believed me. The nurse checked again and I heard her say, call the OB ASAP. We need him now. 

I tried my best not to push but my body did all the work for me. By the time my OB got the the room at 2:15am I was crowning and Tibi was born in 4 firm pushes at 2:21am. I never felt pain just intense pressure, intense urge and he was out. Immediately placed on my chest for a few moments. He had to get checked because of slight mec but he is perfect. When they gave him back I did skin to skin and he latched on all by himself, basically breast crawling. We nursed for 2 hours and then I gave him his first bath. I'm still amazed about the power of hypnosis, my strength and his size. 100% what I dreamed about, 100% perfect:)? 

Tiberius"Tibi" Constantin Born 7/26 at 9lbs 13oz, 22in 

Here is a post my doula wrote about my experience:

https://themommydialogues.com/2012/edit-unecesarian-one-mamas-journey/ 

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com

Re: My VBAC baby is here!!!

• Options
    Congrats!! I haven't clicked over here for awhile but was so happy to see your post. Way to go Mama. So glad all went well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! Your story is very inspiring! I'm still on the fence of VBAC vs RCS. My OB just told me that a VBAC at my hospital will mean constant monitoring, so no walking, no shower/bath during labor.  I wasn't thrilled with that situation and it was pushing me to RCS but this story makes me want to look for a new hospital!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you had an amazing experience!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Great job, and extra points for a big one, hee hee. Enjoy your new baby!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Congratulations!  Your kids have some pretty epic names!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

Thank you everyone!  

To the mama who posted about finding a new hospital, my doctor is to thank.  I made him VERY aware of what I wanted and he made it happen.  He wrote special instructions and really stepped up to the plate when the nurses tried to implement hospital policy. When I had a pressure wave I put my hand up and the nurses stopped talking.  After a few times of having my hand in their face they shut their mouths when my eyes closed.  I even got to take my placenta home with me.  My doctor slipped it to my doula and winked ;)

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Options

Thank you for your story. I am hoping to do a VBAC as well. I am currently looking for a doula or midwife in my area. Congrats! 

• Options
    Congratulations!! what a wonderful story!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Awesome story!  Congrats on your big baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great story! And I am even more amazed by you with that 9lb 13oz baby! You go girl! Woohoo! :) Congratulations!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"