April 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY - A picture says 1000 words

I have been wanting to do this for awhile, and kept forgetting, and I know it's probably bad timing with our troll-gate situation, but I'm gonna do it anyway.  Some pictures say a lot, and you can tell a lot just by looking at it, whether it's an emotional moment or a hilarious one.  So post your favorite one, whether it's of LO, DH, your wedding.  One that means a lot to you.  Tell us about why you love it, why it touches your heart. I hope people participate, watermark if you must guys!

And go!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY - A picture says 1000 words

• Options

This is a picture of me and my dad during the Daddy/Daughter dance at my wedding. I tear up every time I see this picture. My dad is one of the most amazing people I've ever met. The entire time leading up to my wedding, he couldn't even talk about this dance coming up or walking me down the aisle without getting emotional.

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options

Good game!

Im gonna post a recent one that I've posted before. I love this becuase I feel like it is everything I love.  MH is the most amazing man and I truly feel like I got so lucky, I have no idea HOW I got so lucky. He is so many things I could go on and on as to why I feel he is the perfect husband.  Then there is DD, I just feel like life is perfect right now and I am right where I want to be.  This picture represents comfort and love to me.  I love it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBeener0514:

This is a picture of me and my dad during the Daddy/Daughter dance at my wedding. I tear up every time I see this picture. My dad is one of the most amazing people I've ever met. The entire time leading up to my wedding, he couldn't even talk about this dance coming up or walking me down the aisle without getting emotional.

This picture gave me goosebumps.  I LOVE it.  Anytime I see a dad cry, it makes me get teary.  Beautiful.

• Options
    imageBeener0514:

I have a very similar picture, and it makes me teary eyed every time I look at it.  

• Options

My first picture with all 3 kiddos...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mine is of DH (obviously), but this picture was taken after he received a Bronze Star with Valor, the third highest award the Army can give on his last deployment to Afghanistan in 2010-11.  DH is a platoon sergeant, and he helped save the lives of 40 men under his command when a 500lb bomb was dropped on his position.  He survived the blast, and he saved the lives of the rest of his men by digging them out of the rubble, and kept fighting in one of the worst battles in one of the worst valley in all of Afghanistan, for three more days.  This was during his FOURTH deployment.  Sometimes, the man I love surprises even me with his strength and courage. I love this picture because you can see how exhausted, tired, and hungry he is, but also how proud.

• Options

Beener-For real, this made me tear up. Such a beautiful pic.

Aggie- DUDE How many hot husbands are on this board?! Also, he looks like a great father. 

• Options

I don't have many pics on this computer or on photobucket. One day I will finally move them off the flash drive! So no wedding pics.

Anyhow, I have loved this one ever since it was taken, because it's so silly. It's me and the old spice guy at an industry event (H's industry).

• Options

When I lost all my hair during chemo, DH (boyfriend at the time) shaved all his too.

• Options
    imagecreamsiclechica:

Mine is of DH (obviously), but this picture was taken after he received a Bronze Star with Valor, the third highest award the Army can give on his last deployment to Afghanistan in 2010-11.  DH is a platoon sergeant, and he helped save the lives of 40 men under his command when a 500lb bomb was dropped on his position.  He survived the blast, and he saved the lives of the rest of his men by digging them out of the rubble, and kept fighting in one of the worst battles in one of the worst valley in all of Afghanistan, for three more days.  This was during his FOURTH deployment.  Sometimes, the man I love surprises even me with his strength and courage. I love this picture because you can see how exhausted, tired, and hungry he is, but also how proud.

He's a true hero. Thank him for us, will you? Big Smile I really do appreciate all the service men and women who give up so much for us so we can be free.

• Options

This is turning out even better than I hoped.  Beener, I LOVE the emotion on your father's face, such a great capture.

tiannalee - this both made me smile and breaks my heart at the same time.  You're an incredible woman!

Keep em, coming, ladies, I think this will make me teary eyed all day.

• Options

I love this picture of H carrying our little sissy dog on a three-mile hike. I also love that the dog didn't take his eyes off of me the whole time!

*gone*

• Options

imageaggieamber05:

This picture gave me goosebumps.  I LOVE it.  Anytime I see a dad cry, it makes me get teary.  Beautiful.

imageMikeHoncho:

Thank you both so much! I can't wait until this is DD and DH one day!

imagePinkPeony6210:

I have a very similar picture, and it makes me teary eyed every time I look at it. 

I'd love to see yours! :)

tiannalee- Your picture made me cry. What an amazing man you have. Also, I'm happy you kicked cancer's a$$!

• Options
    Do I have to just pick one? I have like 5 lol
  • Options

It's not a good picture of any of us, but it's my mom, my sister, and I at my wedding.  I love these two ladies like I don't love anybody else in this world.  I've since lost my mom to cancer (2006) so these memories mean even more. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My sister got married less than a year after my mom died and had to go through all of that without her.  I am blessed that I was lucky enough to have moments like this in my life.  

. . . anybody have a tissue?

• Options
    imagecreamsiclechica:

More goosebumps. Wow. Thank your husband for me 

• Options

Sorry, I know this is a big one. 

I took this picture this past winter.  My DH works nights in the winter so I had spent ALL my time with my DD #1.  She had just started putting her head under water (her choice) and I just happend to get this great shot of her.  I really enjoyed my "alone" time with her this past winter, something that we won't ever get to do again now that DD #2 is here.

• Options

I am going to AW my dad also.  Love this pic!  My dad was trying so hard to not cry the entire time.

The day we adopted our dog.  He was so scruffy, dirty, and terrified.  He is such a different dog now!

My little man the first time I finally got to hold him (the first pic I personally took of him!)

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMikeHoncho:

I do, too! I'll post more if you do! Peer pressure at its finest! :)

• Options
    Awww, you are both super cute bald!  I love it!  (And good job marrying that one.  He seems like a keeper!)
  • Options
    imagetiannalee:

When I lost all my hair during chemo, DH (boyfriend at the time) shaved all his too.

This is the sweetest picture!

imageimage

Workout/fitness fails 

• Options

Here's another. I took this of DH and DD while we were in the hospital after delivery. I took it with my cell phone so it is grainy but I love how she's looking up at her daddy. I posted it on FB with the caption, "my world." My male cousin-in-law posted, "pretty awesome world" to which my husband replied, "She is the most impressive girl. I could not be more in love." Ahhh... I love when guys can express their emotions like that!

• Options
    imageBeener0514:

imageMikeHoncho:

I do, too! I'll post more if you do! Peer pressure at its finest! :)

I am a photo wh0re.  I posted 3.

imageimage

Workout/fitness fails 

• Options

From our wedding... excuse the watermark.  But I love this one.

GREAT idea!  love seeing these.....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

This was my first time meeting DS.  He was 9.5hrs old.  I had an emergency c-section and he was intubated twice.  I honestly thought he wasn't going to make it.  Makes me tear up everytime I see it.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

Tiannalee-Beautiful picture, WOW.

Creamsicle- Your married to superman! How amazing that you can say that to your daughter.  What an amazing man.

Chasbride- I wish I looked half that good after giving birth.

Mamasaurus- Soooo hot, want to touch the hiney.

Tamb- That GD dog gets me every time.   

• Options

one of my favorites that some of you have seen. I didn't pose them. Allison moved over to her brother.

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Okay, one more before lunch!  A couple of years ago, I went to Costa Rica for a month to do sea turtle research and tagging.  Late one night, I went into our kitchen to get a drink of water and found this.  It's a caiman, a relative of alligators and crocodiles.  I just picked him up to take him outside and let him go, but one of my friends insisted on taking a picture first.  (On a side note, my husband was PISSED when he found out I was "wrestling crocodiles.")

• Options
    imageMikeHoncho:

Aggie- DUDE How many hot husbands are on this board?! Also, he looks like a great father. 

I think he's pretty hot myself :) his amazing character and sense of humor adds to it.  He's an amazing husband and father. 

• Options

My family, my roots, my foundation. Great grandma on top, Grandma on bottom:

My husband the first time he held his son. He cried and kept saying "My boy, my boy, my boy! You're here!" It makes me cry just thinking about it:

A goofy one of my husband and I, this picture is just us. Perfectly.

• Options
    imagetiannalee:

wow. this brought me to tears

• Options

• Options

My wedding day. This is my great grandmother, and though she never used to leave home, she made sure to make it to my wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesnoangel79:

one of my favorites that some of you have seen. I didn't pose them. Allison moved over to her brother.

omg this is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

• Options
    imagesnoangel79:

This is my favorite of your babies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love this picture of Linz from last November... I feel like you can see her personality perfectly in this one!

imageimage

• Options

Love these!!

This is the day we got home from the hospital. This is my dad, niece and nephew adoring DS. 

• Options

When my boys met

• Options
    imagesnoangel79:

This is too sweet!!

• Options
    imageMusiclover2012:

When my boys met

Heart = melted. This picture makes me even more excited about having another. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"