December 2012 Moms
Options

Names and Nursery

We are having another GIRL and are so excited.   So here's my dillema... Because we moved our 3 year old to a big girl bed in a big girl bedroom the nursery (where the new LO2 will go) is still painted and decorated from when LO1 was in there.    I'm dying to change it up, paint the room (again), have an artist paint a mural (again), buy different color bedding, etc.    DH says its just me nesting and it's silly to re-do everything that is prefectly set up for a little girl already... thoughts?  Nesting or Necessity?

Also, we cannot even come close to deciding on a name... I think we have looked at a gazillion.   Bree, Piper, Callie, Ava, Grace   Love them all, but I find fault in all of them too...  is being fickle part of being pregnant?  I don't remember this part! :)

pregnancy due date BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Names and Nursery

• Options

Nesting is normal! I totally get it. DS#2 will be going in a different room than my son and my son's not moving rooms. So for us it made sense to paint it since it hadn't been painted since we moved. 

I am in the throws of nesting so I get where you're coming from. I agree with some points of your husband's in the sense that I don't think you need to do a ton. Paint though is one of the cheapest ways to make over a room. Can you just paint it and no moral (that sounds elaborate and costly).

I just went through DS' clothes today so that I can pick out what clothes are good to carry on. While I'd love to just go shopping crazy there are a lot of things we can re-use! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I could make good arguments either way. If you have the budget and want to re-do the room, go for it! If this baby had been a boy, we would have given him DS' exact nursery, only because DS is only 2 and I still am in LOVE with his nursery. However, she is a girl and I'm not getting out all of DD's old crib bedding. I found another girl set, in different colors, and I'm excited to make her her own room. You're not going to go wrong either way.
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It doesn't need to be done, but I would want to do it too. She's a different child, if you want to make a room just for her and you can afford to do so, then go for it. I like all of those names btw.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on your girl! If I had the budget and the room, I would definitely redo the room. Why not? Your girls are individuals, and should each have her own special start in her own room. Nothing wrong with nesting (again).

I like all your name choices, but feel I have heard them all very often on here, except Callie. Very cute and unique.
  • Options
    I would make a list of all the new things you could do (paint, get new bedding, just paint one accent wall, etc) and figure our approx costs of all those things. Then go giver it to your husband and say I want to make some changes, and discuss how much you are willing to spend to make it individual. I also think it helps the older child to get excited to work on the room, and makes it feel less like she was kicked out of her old room.
  • Options

If you have the time and money, DO IT! I wish so much that I had time/money/didn't live in an apartment that I could do up the room more.

And maybe it's more psychologically healthy to your firstborn to change the room up ? Like, she will perceive this new baby as not taking her place, as everything's different? Just playing armchair psychologist and pulling that out of my ear... 

• Options
    imageRei Dunn:

If you have the time and money, DO IT! I wish so much that I had time/money/didn't live in an apartment that I could do up the room more.

And maybe it's more psychologically healthy to your firstborn to change the room up ? Like, she will perceive this new baby as not taking her place, as everything's different? Just playing armchair psychologist and pulling that out of my ear... 

Good point that it may help LO1 if its redone. And honestly, it may mentally help you too. I though of just moving DD and giving DD2 the nursery as is, but I think I would feel like I never left DD1's infant days then and just go crazy. I need new scenery, a fresh start for baby #2 in some way, maybe since DD1 was a terrible sleeper as an infant. If you can redecorate, I would!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats, we are having a girl too and I'm so excited!

My favorite name out of your list is Ava. Grace is beautiful too. Piper and Callie are my next favorite, and my lease favorite is Bree. 

I say redo the nursery if budget allows! With DS we were team green so we have a gender neutral nursery for him. Original plan was to just use his nursery bedding, decorations, etc. but now that I know we are having a little princess I am already started the redecoration process! It's work, but it's so much fun too. 

pregnancy
  • Options

imageminervacullen:
    It doesn't need to be done, but I would want to do it too. She's a different child, if you want to make a room just for her and you can afford to do so, then go for it. I like all of those names btw.

This exactly.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options

Given that my first never had the perfect nursery, I don't feel that it's a necessity at all. She is wonderful and unique all by herself, even though she spent the first 7 months of life with her crib in the living room of an in-law apartment we were staying in temporarily. However, if your circumstances and budget allows it, and it makes you happy, then you should feel free to nest to your heart's content.

I like those names too, and think they are trending. I associate Callie with a character from Battlestar Gallactica, but that's probably just because DH and I got done watching the series a few months ago and I had never heard the name before. We're naming our son Sam, which happens to also be a character on that show (but not the reason we picked it. We've had it picked out for a couple years.) so it's not like that's a bad thing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageminervacullen:

this 

8 month cutie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love the name Callie, super cute =) And as far as redoing the room, I would say find some between-ground with your husband. You wanna go all out where he wants to leave everything the same. Maybe you could just make some minor changes. =)
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary photo 09a19b84-ff26-4a5d-8334-d53d5b67861d_zps1875aa4a.jpg photo 23150a8a-e416-48cd-ac19-ec0eeb7aaac0_zpsf9de68c0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"