Secondary IF
Options

Can I post here and FET???

I usually lurk over here and post mostly on Parenting after 35 but we are TTC #3 through a FET and I was hoping for some help. I am currently 38 and DH is 40 we have two beautiful daughters ages 4 and 15 months (our oldest was conceived the old fashioned way after 3 years of IF treatments not working and our youngest was conceived through IVF) We have 5 snow babies and we are hoping to cycle in September. My TTC history is in my bio if anyone is interested.

Here is my concern, we met with the RE in July and reviewed costs and signed all the constent forms. I was told to call back on CD1 which was Sunday.  I called and l/m and have not heard back.  Today I am CD3 and I've l/m each day and still have heard nothing back.  This is unusual for my clinic as I normally hear back ASAP.  Is a FET so much more laid back that the days of your cycle don't matter for blood work and testing?  I remember it being so strict with our fresh cycle.  Am I flipping out for nothing?

Thanks for any info!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

Re: Can I post here and FET???

• Options

Yes FET is totally laid back....they will order you estrace pills(estrogen) which you will start cd1 in sept.....my clinic gives the lab a 5 day grace period, so if you call on cd1 that may not really be your day 1 ...they assign you a cd1 within 5 days so they can make sure your transfer falls on a weekday. They called me the next day ad assigned my day 1 which needed up being 3 days after my cycle started.....you take estrace and go in around cycle day 5, 9 for blood work..then cd 14 for bloodworm and ultrasound. Then after your ultrasound which is just to check your lining. They want it over 8. You start progrestrone and your transfer is a week later....the whole cycle takes 21 days from your assigned date to transfer.....I just did my first and it was successful and so laid back.....good luck! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Denae!  Congrats on your BFP! So I don't have to do the mock transfer and CD3 blood work? What about birth control pills?  I'm clueless seems I didn't retain any info from my consult!

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just wanted to say good luck on your FET!!!  I think every clinic is different.  I did a natural FET so no shots but still was monitored closely especially near ovulation.  I personally did not have CD3 bloodwork with my FET but did take antibiotics and steroids because of assisted hatching and progesterone supps too.  I would keep calling to make sure they have you on their schedule.
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

I didn't do bcp... Just called cd 1 .....just make sure they get you your meds a week before your next cycle and your calander. I took estrogen, pio, baby aspirin and prenatals.. Didn't go in until cd5 which was really my cd 7 .....like I said you get monotoring but it's nothing like a ffresh cycle......but if your cycling in sept then nothing will happen till your cycle comes in sept.....or end of august.....so you have plenty of time to get your stuff ready... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Unless your doing a natural transfer, then it will be different cause they have to time it with your ovulation....medicated they are lax and could move your cycling day of u needed to....I changed my 2nd blood work day cause it fell on the fouth of July. I went in a day earlier.....I loved it! Less stress and i had to go for 3 spots before transfer..,,had both my snow babies make it through thaw....and I'm pregnant, so I'd recommend FET to anyone.....I had a bad exp with my fresh cycle all around....
  • Options

imageefhoping2010:
    I just wanted to say good luck on your FET!!!  I think every clinic is different.  I did a natural FET so no shots but still was monitored closely especially near ovulation.  I personally did not have CD3 bloodwork with my FET but did take antibiotics and steroids because of assisted hatching and progesterone supps too.  I would keep calling to make sure they have you on their schedule.

Thanks efhoping!  I'm nervous and excited.  I'm going to keep pestering them! 

IF History in my Bio!

• Options

imageDenae'sTTC:
    Unless your doing a natural transfer, then it will be different cause they have to time it with your ovulation....medicated they are lax and could move your cycling day of u needed to....I changed my 2nd blood work day cause it fell on the fouth of July. I went in a day earlier.....I loved it! Less stress and i had to go for 3 spots before transfer..,,had both my snow babies make it through thaw....and I'm pregnant, so I'd recommend FET to anyone.....I had a bad exp with my fresh cycle all around....

They gave me the option of a natural cycle but I felt a little more comfortable being more closely monitored.  I figured I better give it my all if we are going to spend the money and for some darn reason my body doesn't seem to like doing things the natural way!  How did you decide to transfer both?  That's the next dilemma I have, my embies are in three vials- two doubles and a single.

IF History in my Bio!

• Options

It was an easy choice....I had only 2 left....and we decided to put both back and give them a fighting chance. If that did t work then we wouldn't have any left and sart fresh........it's totally up to you, but just make sure your ok with twins or th idea of them. If not start with the 1...yet if your oop then you may wanna double up your chances.......Ahh decisions, decisions...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"