Breastfeeding
Options

Third week at work and supply dropping

In the past two weeks I have been getting 6 oz my first pump. 4 my second and 3 my third. Yesterday and today only 4 then 3 now 2.5. At night I don't feel as full when lo nurses and I tried to add a session last night and got only a few drops. What is going on?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Third week at work and supply dropping

• Options
    I've been having the exact same problem but I've been back at work now 2 months and made the mistake of only stopping twice to pump during the work day. I called a lactation consultant and per her recommendation I upped my water intake, eating a ton of oatmeal I can't stand and trying to pump more which I think is working. I would try doing that as well. She also mentioned taking a pill that you get at GNC but I can't remember the name.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Are you pumping enough to send to daycare the next day?  Is the drop a problem, or just worrying you because you can see it is less?  If you were getting more than needed before, your supply could just be regulating.  Or, you may not be responding well to your new routine.  Sometimes it takes time to adjust.  I know at work I often go through dips and "increases."  For instance, last week I was struggling to get 8 oz a day while at work (just enough for the next day) and now I am getting 12 oz again.  Try to up your water, look at pics of your LO while pumping, relaxing, NOT watching the bottles etc.  Sometimes when I have lower supply I get worried about it and it makes it worse!  GL.  (PS:  If you can, try to pump at the same time each day so your body gets in the routine of pumping.  That really helps me out a lot.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"