February 2013 Moms
Options

Cloth Diaper win!

I broached the subject of CDs with my DH the other day and was surprised when he was adamently against them.  This is something I really want to do but he is very worried about poop leaks (apparently he had a traumatic incident at 14 with a younger cousin that he was baby sitting); cleaning them, and how much time they will take since we both will be working.  I marshalled my arguments for and even showed him a youtube video on how easy they were to clean but still no go. He finally said that if I could produce a friend that used them we would go from there.  I suggested that he speak with a co-worker of his (co-worker and wife are both doctors and very health/environmentally conscious) that I know DH respects and who I was willing to bet had used CDs.  Turns out I was right! They had used CDs and loved them! Even offered to give us some if we have a boy.  I think DH is now on board to at least try. Woohoo!

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cloth Diaper win!

• Options
    Yeah! You can tell your husband that I've used both Cloth and disposables for over a year and the only poop leak I had was in a disposable. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yay!  I am still in the process of convincing my DH.  He finally relented and let me buy 7 BG 4.0s.  I love them, and I think he likes them more than he lets on, but he is still freaked out by the who poo aspect of them.  I do the laundry anyway, so he just needs to deal with getting them off the kids, put the poo in the toilet if it needs, and into the webag. Men!
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's great! We've used both, and only had explosions with the disposables. And they're WAY cheaper than disposables over time. 

I'm curious though... why are they only giving you some if you have a boy? 

• Options
    That's great.  We have used cloth since DD1 was 3 days old and we love it.  We will use disposables sometimes while traveling, and I have to tell you that 95% of our poosplosions have occured in disposables.  Cloth diapers work better, they are better for baby's skin (in most cases; I know some people can't use them because their babies are really sensitive to wetness or have allergies to the type of cloth they are using), and they are super-cute.
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    I am still on the fence, I used CD with both my kids at the very least part time.  however, I work full time, DH works full time, with three kids, my classes, kids classes etc I already didn't have time to wash and stuff with DD but we shall see, at the very least I will CD while I am on maternity leave. 
  • Options
    Yay I really want to go the cloth diaper route this time now that I will have my own laundry 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've been using cloth for almost 14 months now and not one single ounce of poop has leaked :) You'll LOVE them!
  • Options
    I really want to CD!  My DH seems to be on board since he was CDed as a child.  However if we don't have laundry in our new place (we are moving in Nov) then I don't think it will be possible.  What brands/kinds do you recommend?  I researched gdiapers a few years ago when I first heard of them.  They are what made me want to CD.  But are they really that good or are there better ones? 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMcAllie5:

That's great! We've used both, and only had explosions with the disposables. And they're WAY cheaper than disposables over time. 

Both of their LOs are boys so I am assuming that they fell that the CDs they have are "boy" prints or colors.  I have zero issues with a girl in primary colors so I'm curious to see their supply.

• Options

imageckilner:
    I really want to CD!  My DH seems to be on board since he was CDed as a child.  However if we don't have laundry in our new place (we are moving in Nov) then I don't think it will be possible.  What brands/kinds do you recommend?  I researched gdiapers a few years ago when I first heard of them.  They are what made me want to CD.  But are they really that good or are there better ones? 

i have not used Gdiapers, but the consensus on the cloth diaper board has been that they are pretty awful.  We use pocket diapers now that the girls are older - I like Fuzzibunz and Bum Genius.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    imagebuggirl72:
    imageMcAllie5:

Both of their LOs are boys so I am assuming that they fell that the CDs they have are "boy" prints or colors.  I have zero issues with a girl in primary colors so I'm curious to see their supply.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I have no problem with mixing up the colors! :) We bought several of our Fuzzibunz used, so DS rocked out a few pink and lavender ones from time to time. It's no biggie, and they're under clothes anyway.  

• Options

imageckilner:

lylahlove has a great blog which has a link to her recommendations on CDs - the link is under her picture "growingafoosa"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"