Infertility Veterans
Options

Cetrotide experience: 3 quick questions

1. The site where I injected the Cetrotide itched like a mofo all night but has since settled down.

2. I must've twisted on the mixing needle too tight because I couldn't get it off to put the injection needle on.  So, I just used one of the numerous needles I had left over from taking Lupron for IVF #1.  Not the exact same gauge but close.  Please tell me it's ok!

3. I've been having pressure/period-like cramps all morning which I did not have for IVF #1.  Is this the Cetrotide talking?  Or maybe I actually have some decent eggs in there this time? (A girl can hope!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cetrotide experience: 3 quick questions

• Options
    I hated ganirelix because it always burned and itched. I think that is basically the same med. Yuck. Sorry. I have totally switched the needle before and the nurse said it was no big deal even though the needle I used was finer and a bit thinner. That was with my menopur though, but I am sure it is the same. As for the cramps, I got some around the same time also. Hopefully it means good follie growth. For me I asked my nurses a million questions. I felt like that is what they are there for partly. So I say ask if anything that is going on concerns you. GL!!
    imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• Options

I don't recall any itching from Cetrotide or Ganirelix, but they are slightly different even though they are both antagonists. I hope it was a fluke or that you can switch the meds if need be.

I don't think the needle size will make a difference.

Cetrotide/Ganirelix keeps you from ovulating so it's the stims you should applaud. Hoping for a great scan !!

+++
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cetrotide really made me itch, and I got a small little rash at the injection site each time. I iced it for a good 20-30 minutes after and it helped the itch. Rash usually went away within an hour or so...my nurse said both were "normal." As for needle size, I would think you're okay...as long as you got the meds in! But call to ask if it would make you feel better. Hope the cramping is a sign of some great growing follies!!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options

The few times I used cetrotide or ganerelix I got welts followed by huge bruises and had some itching, too!  I'm glad the itching settled down!

A different needle shouldn't hurt a thing (as long as you didn't change from sub-Q to IM or vice versa - I always did these sub-Q).

Sounds like you may have some decent eggs!!  I hope that's what it is!  Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"