Multiples
Options

joining you ladies

I went to the hospital cramping really bad on Saturday and found out that I'm having twins. I cried at first but I think I'm beginning to get excited, but I am still really terrified. 

My biggest fear is the pregnancy, I did not even make it full term with my first one, so I can't imagine carrying twins. 

I am also so scared/sad for my son. His world is about to be so altered, and I fear he is always going to feel left out. 

But, I'm here for the ride, as this is God's plan. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: joining you ladies

• Options

Honestly, I was thoroughly annoyed when I found out lol 

I'm 29, and I've told DH for many years that I am DONE having kids at 30. I told him when I had my positive pregnancy test that this is the last one.

Little did I know that two of the lil dudes made it in there! I accused DH of sending his sperm army to go out and kidnap a second egg just to make me insane so that he could get as many children as possible before my cutoff.

But, now I'm at least a little excited to have a unique situation and have double chances at maybe possibly getting at least one boy out of it. 

The growing pains subsided for me a little a couple weeks ago, and I'm hoping they don't come back until late in the second trimester. Welcome to the early-club - the weeks to come are going to be the longest ones of your life! 

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options

THanks for responding. I've been lurking for a few days and I saw your post about your ovaries. 

I have PCOS also and yesterday they diagnosed me with ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.  Luckily its mild. It actually explains all the crazy symptoms I've had over the past few weeks. I think I'm headed down hill but definitely ready for things to be back to normal. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Bleh. I don't envy you :( 

I had a cyst burst during mo 3-4 in 2006 with my youngest - the pain was far worse than any part of the labor process. It was excruciating. My biggest fear - right now - is going through that again. I wasn't on fertility treatments, we just got the luck of the draw with a cycle that finally gave us a solid LH surge, actual egg release (well, two of them, actually, lol), and successful implantation. Totally spontaneous and random. But my doc has a hypothesis that just the HCG my body produces from pregnancy may be a stimulant for my cyst growth. 

I started "showing"  weeks ago - which, even with twins, is way too early. Turns out it's all because I have an ovary about as big as a twin and a half, plus babies, plus water, plus bloat. No fun!! lol

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    My Dh keeps saying I'm showing, which is funny since I'm 5 weeks. But its all bloat and this ovary issue. And that I don't even try to hold my stomach in because it hurts. 
  • Options
    mirnbmirnb member
    Congrats...it can be overwhelming at first but the more you grow and they grow they more exciting it gets! Blessings for a long and healthy pregnancy!
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!  My son turned 2 six weeks after my twins were born.  He adjusted faster than I expected and loves his sisters.  This has been posted here before, but I'm finding every day that this holds so much truth to it.  It's called Loving 2 (but 3 in your case as was mine).

LOVING 2:

I walk along holding your 2-year-old hand, basking in the glow of our magical relationship.  Suddenly I feel a kick from within, as if to remind me that our time alone is limited.  And I wonder:  how can I ever love another child as I love you?

Then he is born and I watch you.  I watch the pain you feel at having to share me as you have never shared me before.

I hear you telling me in your own way "Please love only me."  And I hear myself telling you in mine "I can't" knowing in fact that I never can again.

You cry.  I cry with you.  I almost see our new baby as an intruder on the precious relationship we once shared.  A relationship we can never quite have again.

But then, barely noticing, I find myself attached to that new being, and feeling almost guilty.  I'm afraid to let you see me enjoying him - as though I am betraying you.

But then I notice your resentment change, first to curiosity, then to protectiveness, finally to genuine affection.

More days pass and we are settling into a new routine.  The memory of days with just the two of us is fading fast.

But something else is replacing those wonderful times we once shared, just we two.  There are new times - only now we are three.  I watch the love between you grow, the way you look at each other, touch each other. 

I watch how he adores you, as I have for so long.  I see how excited you are by each of his new accomplishments.  And I begin to relize that I haven't taken something from you - I've given something to you. 

I notice that I am no longer afraid to openly show my love to both of you.

I find that my love for each of you is as different as you are, but equally strong.  And my question is finally answered, to my amazement.  Yes, I can love another child as I have loved you - only differently. 

And although I realize that you may have to share my time, I know you'll never share my love.  There's enough of that for both of you - you each have your own supply.

I love you - both.  And I thank you both for blessing my life.  - Author unknown

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats to you!

SpinningJess - that brought tears to my eyes and was just what I needed to read today.  We started TTC #3 and I have started to feel very guilty for wanting another baby and wondering how this is going to affect the two kids that I already have - that already have to share me - and what it's going to be like with three.  I'm already afraid a new baby will feel like an intruder.  Reading this was the perfect reminder that I'd be giving my children a brother or sister, not taking anything away.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Congrats!  After a couple of weeks your son is never, never, ever going to remember life without them.  Don't let that bother you-  : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats and welcome here!

SpinningJess - woah, I hadn't seen that before. I worry about how DD will adjust constantly but luckily at this age they respond and adjust so well to change. 

• Options
    imageSpinningJess:

Congrats and welcome!  My son turned 2 six weeks after my twins were born.  He adjusted faster than I expected and loves his sisters.  This has been posted here before, but I'm finding every day that this holds so much truth to it.  It's called Loving 2 (but 3 in your case as was mine).

LOVING 2:

I walk along holding your 2-year-old hand, basking in the glow of our magical relationship.  Suddenly I feel a kick from within, as if to remind me that our time alone is limited.  And I wonder:  how can I ever love another child as I love you?

Then he is born and I watch you.  I watch the pain you feel at having to share me as you have never shared me before.

I hear you telling me in your own way "Please love only me."  And I hear myself telling you in mine "I can't" knowing in fact that I never can again.

You cry.  I cry with you.  I almost see our new baby as an intruder on the precious relationship we once shared.  A relationship we can never quite have again.

But then, barely noticing, I find myself attached to that new being, and feeling almost guilty.  I'm afraid to let you see me enjoying him - as though I am betraying you.

But then I notice your resentment change, first to curiosity, then to protectiveness, finally to genuine affection.

More days pass and we are settling into a new routine.  The memory of days with just the two of us is fading fast.

But something else is replacing those wonderful times we once shared, just we two.  There are new times - only now we are three.  I watch the love between you grow, the way you look at each other, touch each other. 

I watch how he adores you, as I have for so long.  I see how excited you are by each of his new accomplishments.  And I begin to relize that I haven't taken something from you - I've given something to you. 

I notice that I am no longer afraid to openly show my love to both of you.

I find that my love for each of you is as different as you are, but equally strong.  And my question is finally answered, to my amazement.  Yes, I can love another child as I have loved you - only differently. 

And although I realize that you may have to share my time, I know you'll never share my love.  There's enough of that for both of you - you each have your own supply.

I love you - both.  And I thank you both for blessing my life.  - Author unknown

Thanks for posting. Made me cry but I need to save this!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"