Cloth Diapering
Options

Is Chlorine Damaging?

I'm taking my daughter in a "real" pool for the first time this week. I do not have a swim diaper.  I usually put her in a pocket / AIO to splash around in her baby pool. My question is: will the chlorine in the pool damage a diaper? Also, can I wash the diaper with the rest of my diapers? I really don't want to ruin anything. Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is Chlorine Damaging?

• Options

I imagine that the chlorine over time would eat away at the elastic.

I wash my swim diaper with my other diapers all the time.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I always used an empty pocket diaper too. We only did it a few times and I tried to use an older more scruffy diaper that was pastel colored. I never really noticed a huge problem with it. I did try to get that diaper into the wash ASAP or I hand washed/rinsed it right after taking it out of the pool. If you're only going to do this once or twice, eh, no biggie. If you'll be taking your LO in the pool a lot, then invest in a swim diaper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I think I will just use one of my older diapers, as suggested, and order a swim diaper for later down the road.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"