February 2013 Moms
Options

Macaroni and cheese

After weeks of only wanting fruit and veggies to not wanting anything at all, now all I want to eat is mac and cheese. Most other things sound awful or make me feel sick but I also know that a diet of mac and cheese is totally unhealthy. Grr, why can't I just want to eat something that is good for me? 

Not really a question, just sharing my disgust with myself at the moment.  

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Macaroni and cheese

• Options
    I'm having gluten free macaroni and cheese, baked kale and an orange. Could you throw in some vegetables or even some protein? I like to put tuna in macaroni and cheese but I know the thought of it might make you want to puke even when not pregnant. It's not everybody cup of tea.
    Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • Options
    yeah i make my box of kraft and add all kinds of stuff like cooked ham and greenbeans and broccoli and sauteed onions lol so many options 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wish I could add things to my macaroni and cheese but all a crave is plain, good old mac and cheese. I went to Boston market today with FI and he got chicken, which I know I should have gotten as well, but the second I was going to reach over and try his I started feeling sick. Oh well, at least I'm eating again after about a week of not wanting to. Smoothies are really awesome though, so I'm getting some nutrition there!! 

What is it about those veggies that all of a sudden have us so turned off? Theyre supposed to be good and give you energy, don't you think the body should crave that above all else?  

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

First of all, I don't blame you - mac and cheese is soooo good :)  Secondly, I'm of the mindset that if your appetite is only just starting to return, there's nothing wrong with eating whatever it is that sounds appealing, just to get some calories in.  But - if you're really concerned about it, I was thinking that perhaps if you can stomach it, you might try a recipe like this?

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese-recipe/index.html

(sorry if it's not clicky)

It subs a little bit of pureed butternut squash in for some of the cheese, which would get you some vitamins, fiber, and other veggie goodies while not sacrificing on your taste for mac and cheese.  Just a thought!  Perhaps even this would be too much for you at this point, which is understandable . . . 

DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Options
    Mac n cheese and buttered bagels are my go-to nausea foods. Think of it this way- enriched bread and noodles have folic acid. :-)
  • Options
    All I could eat when pregnant with DD was stouffers mac n cheese.  I convinced myself it was okay because it has a lot of protein in it.  Forget about the sodium, babies love sodium....
  • Options
    imageDucky719:
    imageanglgrl718:

After weeks of only wanting fruit and veggies to not wanting anything at all, now all I want to eat is mac and cheese. Most other things sound awful or make me feel sick but I also know that a diet of mac and cheese is totally unhealthy. Grr, why can't I just want to eat something that is good for me? 

Not really a question, just sharing my disgust with myself at the moment.  

Great.  Now I want mac & cheese.  Smile

Lol me too! 

Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd say after weeks of eating fruits and veggies, you have earned being able to indulge in a little guilty pleasure like some mac and cheese! You could always "healthy it up" a little bit by making it yourself using whole wheat pasta and real cheese (instead of the powdered kind) and milk for extra calcium. Bon appetite! :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCatieM80:

I'd say after weeks of eating fruits and veggies, you have earned being able to indulge in a little guilty pleasure like some mac and cheese! You could always "healthy it up" a little bit by making it yourself using whole wheat pasta and real cheese (instead of the powdered kind) and milk for extra calcium. Bon appetite! :-)

I made my own last week because I haven't been able to eat ANYTHING that I used to.  Going from not eating pasta, white flour carbs ever to that being the only thing I can stomach has really started to annoy me.  So I found a recipe that I had always wanted to try and it used a good bit of milk and cheese.  I calculated the protein in it and declared all of the extra calories 'healthy".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"