June 2012 Moms
Options

nighttime bath routine for LO..?

Ive read putting baby in a nightly bath routine would get them to sleep through the night. DD is 8 weeks and just started sleeping 4-5hrs at night about 5 nights ago. My question is though how can I put her on a bath routine if im not supposed to bathe her everyday?

Anyone have a nighttime bath routine and how old was LO when you started?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

TIA!!
Alessandra Grace is getting big sooo fast! Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: nighttime bath routine for LO..?

• Options
    I don't bathe dd every night but I do give her a lotion massage when I'm putting her pjs on. I think she is getting used to the routine and I think it has helped her with sleeping longer.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've read a lot of people do baths every night, but only use soap every other day. I'm going to start this routine tonight. My LO has been sleeping 4 hrs since about 4 weeks, but I can't manage to extend that time. Here's to hoping a bath routine works!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We give her a bath every night but usually only use soap every other night unless it's really hot out and/or she's had a blow out that needs cleaning up.  She had horrible diaper rash and it seems to help her calm down sometimes and get ready for bed.
  • Options
    BRBR member
    We do a bath every night but use soap only every few days.  We started this at two weeks old and she used to scream in the bath.  Then she started loving the bath and started screaming when I took her out.  She is now finally starting not to scream when I take her out.  Then I do a lavender massage, pj's, story, bottle, and bed.  I used to skip the bath some nights, but noticed she wouldn't sleep as well.  DD really does love it and it seems soothing to her. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do bathtime at least 5 days out of the week at 7 pm. LO is very quiet in his tub and likes the warm water, afterwards I nurse him, read him a story and put him to sleep. This seems to work out for us really well. We started his routine at 4 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"