June 2012 Moms
Options

5 week wonder week?

did you ladies find your little ones hit the 5 week wonder week on time? how was their behaviour and how did you get through it?

ds is 5 weeks 2 days today and has been super clingy and extra needy. he has been fairly easy to console, but won't sleep in his crib for more than 20 minutes and all he wants is to snuggle up close and look at me. we got a couple smiles and hilarious faces today, but mostly he's just been fussy and then sleepy in my arms and when i put him down he's up and just wants me.

what worked for you ladies? did you pursue naps in the crib or just give in to the clingy-ness?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 5 week wonder week?

• Options
    I am letting her sleep on my lap for naps and I walk with her on the carrier to make her nap too. At night she is fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Is this a thing?  The 5th week?  I was reading that they are supposed to be less fussy after 6 weeks, and by 8 weeks things are supposed to be significantly easier, especially in relation to sleep (Healthy Sleep, Happy Child book).  DD has been all up in my kitchen and she is 6 weeks 1 day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenotfrancie:
    Is this a thing?  The 5th week?  I was reading that they are supposed to be less fussy after 6 weeks, and by 8 weeks things are supposed to be significantly easier, especially in relation to sleep (Healthy Sleep, Happy Child book).  DD has been all up in my kitchen and she is 6 weeks 1 day.

yep, it is a thing. google "wonder weeks". they're mental developmental milestones and the first one is at 5 weeks. they go from your due date, not their birth date. i had never heard of them until i saw them on here. week 5 coincides with smiling, and wouldn't you know it, ds smiled for the first time last night and has been super clingy all day today. i've read acting like a "younger" baby, being fussy, clingy, sleeping more or less, and eating more are all signs/symproms of a wonder week. ds has barely slept at all today, but he has held on to his 8pm bed time. 7:30 came and he started his bedtime routine and bam, it's like nothing even happened.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    interesting!  I must find out when the other weeks are.
  • Options

Huh. I've never heard of this before. Harry has been acting just as he always does. Yes, he smiled at 5 weeks, but that's about it. He's been eating every 3 hours since week 2, goes down between 7 - 9 p.m., wakes up around 10 p.m. for a feed and goes back to sleep until 3 - 4 a.m. I haven't noticed any clinginess.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"