VBAC
Options

How did you find your OB?

Hi!  We aren't even considering TTC yet since DD is only 8 months and we aren't ready in many ways, but for some reason I am already so set on a VBAC next time around.  I love my OB now, but don't think she will be willing to perform a VBAC (I honestly haven't asked, but I dont think their practice allows it). So, I am curious how did you go about finding an OB that was willing?  I tried the I CAN website, but they only had one person listed and she was a doula, I'd rather use a full OB...TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How did you find your OB?

• Options
    I googled and found some local parenting boards with recommendations of people who'd had VBAC's with my new OB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First I found the hospital with the highest VBAC success rate then an OB affiliated with the hospital. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Through my ICAN group as well as recommendations from my previous OB.  

Try looking up your local ICAN group and attend a meeting.  They should be able to provide you with some VBAC-friendly providers in your area Yes 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    Kie310Kie310 member

When I got pregnant with my son I was with an office with no OBs.

I decided which hosptial I wanted to give birth in & then I started looking for OBs that worked with that hospital. Then I just went with any reviews I could find. When I found one I liked that way I made my first appointment. I knew I could change if I didn't like them! When I had my c/s the first question at my first PP appiontment was, does your office do VBACs? the answer was yes.

3 years later & 17 weeks into my second pregnancy I can honestly say I'm happy with them!

• Options

A doula can't deliver babies;-) 

I used a midwife and I found her through the midwives that I saw for my first birth (they couldn't do VBACs).  My midwife did deliver in a hospital, though.

OBs are generally found through ICAN.  Many will say they are VBAC friendly but aren't.  So, it's best to get recs from people who have used them and know their real policies.  Call your local ICAN people and see what they say.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

I was fortunate that the midwife group that I saw for my first two kids does VBACs. Even in the hospital, while I was recovering from my c/s, I was told that I could probably attempt a VBAC.

The town I live in doesn't have any OB doctors, instead midwives deliver almost all of the babies. If anyone is high risk they are sent 4 hours away. It made me really thankful that I could even attempt a VBAC.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I talked to the local ICAN leader and to my Bradley class instructor.  I learned about even more providers by going to ICAN meetings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"