Trying to Get Pregnant

18dpo - when to get a blood test?

Hello, 

I'm currently 18 dpo, temps staying up-ish, no sign of AF, and tested with a BFN lastnight. According to TCOYF, if I hit 19dpo (3 days past my longest LP) then there's supposed to be a very good chance of pregnancy - but I have also heard of lots of women starting AF much later and never getting a BFP... Or never getting AF and not getting a BFP until later in the pregnancy. So confusing :P

At what point should I ask for a blood pregnancy test?   

Thanks!  

Re: 18dpo - when to get a blood test?

• With all those missing temps and BFN, I would question whether or not your O date is accurate.  I hope this is it for you, but I would wait it out for a bit before asking for a blood test.  Good luck!
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Why not take a HPT? I question your O date as well.

ETA: I need more coffee. I see you did already. Keep testing once a week until you get a positive or your period. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • And...you're bleeding.  Probably not a good sign.
  • That chart is aweful.  I would not ask for a blood test and next cycle I would try and be more diligent with your charting.  If no period or BFP by 60 days, then I would call your doctor.  I don't believe that you are actually 18 DPO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the responses ladies!  

I know there are lots of open circles... I got so discouraged after the last cycle that I only halfway charted this time, just enough to confirm O. I feel pretty confident about my O date due to the CM, CP, temp, and other symptoms I always get around that time - but it's totally possible that I'm not as far along as I thought.   

As  for the spotting, I get that every single cycle. This time it's been just a tad on four occasions, sometimes it's been much heavier once or twice, and then stops for a week until my actual AF. 

I have my annual exam on August 1st. I may just wait until then and mention the Consistant spotting as well. 

Thanks ladies!  

• imageGoogle83:

Hello, 

I'm currently 18 dpo, temps staying up-ish, no sign of AF, and tested with a BFN lastnight. According to TCOYF, if I hit 19dpo (3 days past my longest LP) then there's supposed to be a very good chance of pregnancy - but I have also heard of lots of women starting AF much later and never getting a BFP... Or never getting AF and not getting a BFP until later in the pregnancy. So confusing :P

At what point should I ask for a blood pregnancy test?   

Thanks!  

After you get a +HPT... but even then it's not necessary unless the doc has a reason to monitor your betas.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"