New to The Bump
Options

New to TTC

My husband and I started TTC 4 cycles ago and I am already overwhelmed - not with no success (I know 4 cycles in not a long time to be trying) but with all the different ways to "try".  I have been using opk's and I have not gotten a positive yet (2 cycles of using).  I don' t know what to think about that - is that normal or should I worry I'm not ovulating if I don't get a positive LH surge.  I started temping last cycle so obviously don't have any trends yet.  Worring about the timing is stressful but I hate to just leave it up to chance when there are so many tools to use.  Thoughts/advice? 
Me: 26 DH: 27 Married 5/5/12 TTC#1 since 5/5/12 DH: SA 10/5/12 (had cause for concern) came back perfect! Guess it's up to me now. Anniversary image

Re: New to TTC

• Options
    What time of the day are you using the OPKs? When I first started TTC I was using FMU, but if you have a short LH surge you can miss it. Try testing mid-afternoon. Keep temping and testing and hopefully you'll be able to figure out your body's pattern soon. I also found it stressful to worry about timing. If you haven't heard of the "sperm meets egg plan" try googling it. I found it took the guess work out of knowing the best times to DTD. These are just my suggestions...as you can see from my siggy I haven't had success yet. Good luck!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options

I am in the same boat as you but with 3 cycles now going on 4th. I want to enjoy the trying process since my first daughter was a complete unplanned scary surprise! I like the idea that my husband and I are actually planning on having a baby. However with all the steps and charting and temps and OPK's I am starting to get overwhelmed as well! I never knew that it could feel like a chore!

We are newly Wed's also and should be enjoying the baby dance and I know my husband is but me....well lest just say with the spontaneity being sucked out of the situation so is my sex drive most of the time! 

TRYING to get out of my  head and into the game. This will be my first cycle using an OPK and i figured that I will do this for a couple cycles before I start temping.. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"