LGBT Parenting
Options

My life is a whirlwind...

The last four weeks have gone by in a blur, and unfortunately I haven't been around here a lot. I hope to catch up on what has been going on with everyone soon!

So, here's the scoop, my mother-in-law was visiting for a week in June, which was fantastic! We did so many fun things, and it was great just to spend time with her. It's been about a year and a half since we've seen her, which is waaaay too long.

On the last day of her visit we got our first placement call! Two sister, S (6) and C (11). C is older than we were thinking we would want to accept, but we decided to go for it. I can't believe how much our lives have changed with these girls in the house! S has had a very difficult time adjusting to the rules in our home (no lying, follow directions, etc) and an even harder time adjusting to the consequences. We had a straight week of temper tantrums from her, constant screaming and crying, etc. 

Thankfully, S has seemed to get the point that she can't manipulate us to get her way and we're also not going to let her out of the consequences for her behavior. She's been a lot better at following the rules for the last few days. Overall the experience has been mostly stressful so far. MH and I had a serious discussion about our ability to be parents. I think our conclusion at this point is that parenting is hard work, but we haven't gotten the joy part of parenthood yet. Things are starting to look up as far as the bad behaviors, and we're hoping that continues.

The other huge piece of news is that our surrogate had her first IUI today!!!! We are so excited about it and are really hoping this works. She had two follies, a 15 and an 11mm. The sperm count was lower than we've ever had (10.3 million), but I think it could still work ;-) We'll know on 7/31!!

I hope you are all doing well, hopefully I'll find a good balance soon and be able to drop in more often :-)

IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
FET #1 - BFFN
FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
FET #3 - No shock...BFN
FET #4 - BFN :-(
Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My life is a whirlwind...

• Options
    Wow!  That is a whirlwind.  Glad to hear the fostering is improving.  Fingerscrossed for the surrogate IUI!
  • Options

wow lots on your platter for sure! I say platter cuz the plate is full .. But all good things.  Awesome hearing the MIL visit was amazing I wish mine was!

Yay for surrogate!!! Keep us posted on all of it !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member

Wow! Whirlwind about describes it, alright. Smile

Best of luck with the IUI. I'll be crossing all crossable parts of my body and looking forward to hearing!

• Options

What you are feeling about these initial stages of parenting is SO NORMAL!!  I actually just blogged about it yesterday.  I had many conversations with myself and with my wife that were a lot of "holy sh!!t, what did we get ourselves into??"  It was so much harder than I ever thought.  The fun and joy and easiness took a while to come, but it did :) 

hang in there!!

• Options
    It's good to hear from you, I was wondering how you guys were doing!  Congrats on the foster placements - that's an intense way to get your feet wet in parenting!  I hope that soon you'll get to the joy part but I don't think what you're experiencing now is odd or a judgement on your parenting!!  Good luck for the IUI as well.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    Good luck on the IUI and congrats on becoming parents overnight.  It sounds like you two have your stuff together - I'm sure you'reamazing parents and I hope some of the ease and joy shows itself soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"