Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Day Care Infomation

I am a single mother that is due at the end of September.  I am trying to find someone/someplace that will watch the baby while I go to school during the day.  When I google places everywhere is 6 weeks or older.  I am not going to be able to take off from school for 6 weeks.  If I don't find someone I will take off school but I am trying to just get information if anyone knows of anything.  Thank you.

Big Smile

Re: Day Care Infomation

• Ask around at school, your OB, or the hospital. They may know of places. Good Luck!
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

At what age do you think you will rtn to school? Most DC's begin at 6 wks b/c the mother's body is recovering & the dr's pp visit is at 6wk (to clear them to work) . I felt comfortable at 4 wks (vag delivery) to rtn but I still had a heavy pp period.  You can talk to the DC facility. They will take infants under 6 wks. I know someone who is a foster mom to infants and obviously she can't take off work 6 wks each time there is a new child. Also, her body is not healing and she does not need the time off.

If you have a c/s it will take your body longer to heal.

You may find a provider on Care.com or Sittercity who can help you out in the interim.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Heck I don't even know how long they keep you in the hospital after you give birth.  I am so clueless about all of this.  In my head I was going to go back the NEXT day I guess that is not the case (lol) Maybe I will switch to online courses so I don't have to worry about it.  Thank you for the websites and letting me know to talk to the daycare and ask them because I thought that it was strictly 6 weeks!

• Your body takes 6-8 weeks to recover - some people quicker, some longer. C-sections I think are even longer.  If you can take a semester of online courses, that would be great for you and your baby.  Mainly b/c you will not get much sleep the first few months until the baby sleeps through the night - anything you can do to make your life easier - do it!   Do you have anyone helping you at first?  If not, I'd consider taking a semester off even.  It's an enormous adjustment, the less stress the better in my opinion. 
  • Not sure the exact area you are in but Childcare Network has several locations across the area and they take birth-12 years.  Their website may state 6 weeks but I know they do take infants younger than 6 weeks.  But I agree with a lot of the PP's...you will be surprised by your body and recovery time...you may or may not be ready by then.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"