High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone have or had Subchorionic Hematoma/Hemorrhage?

I am 18 weeks pregnant. My next appointment is June 16th. So far I have felt those amazing flutters in my stomach. I love being assured that I am still pregnant after going through a miscarriage in my first pregnancy and being told I had a subchorionic hematoma in this pregnancy. I have no bleeding or pain which is a good sign. Hoping to find out the sex of the baby in two weeks and see that the blood cloth is completely gone. I was told that I had a moderate Suchorionic Hematoma at 9 weeks and that it was a risk for miscarriage if it got any bigger OR It can dissolve by the 20th week. Does anyone have any stories they'd like to share about having a Subchorionic Hematoma.Hemmorhage?

Re: Anyone have or had Subchorionic Hematoma/Hemorrhage?

• Options

I have one right now.  I am 11 weeks.  This is my 3rd baby and I've never had one prior.  I've had other high-risk issues, but never this.  I have also had a previous miscarriage and when I started bleeding a week ago today, I thought for sure I was losing this baby.  It didn't seem like my miscarriage, though--it was more like the start of a period.  My miscarriage was like post-partum bleeding--very heavy, soaking through pads, passing clots and tissue (sorry, TMI). 

Anyway, I saw my OB last Monday morning.  I thought I might be too early on to see a baby, heartbeat, or fetal pole, but I had an ultrasound to see if we could see anything.  Not only could we see baby, Little Peanut had a heartbeat and was much farther along than we thought.  What I thought was my LMP was actually the first of these hematoma bleeds.  

My OB has me on restricted activity right now until Tuesday when I see him again.  We'll do another ultrasound and see what's going on with the clot.  I'm not sure how large it is right now as I had to have my 1st ultrasound in the hospital and not the OBs office.  I'll get more information on Tuesday.  

Assuming this baby goes to term, this is the last time I am doing this.  I swear, I can't handle the stress anymore!!!!!  The end result is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but holy hell.   

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • Options

No bleeding is a great thing.

I had a huge one at 7 weeks diagnosed after blood dripping down my legs and all over my sheets.  I was put on strict bedrest for a few days.

It was gone by 20 weeks.

However, I was told a large SCH like that can have issues later on - preterm labor, abruption, growth restriction.

I had preterm contractions/cervical dilation at 23 weeks and went back onto bedrest.  My babies were both small but never technically growth restricted.  I really think the early bleed was a factor in my preterm labor.  But I'll never know.

My kiddos are almost 2 and awesome!!

Good luck and sounds like everything will likely be fine.

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had off and on spotting basically from when I got my bfp to when my sch was diagnosed around 7 weeks and that was my worst bleed. Bright red for a few days (I was put on bed rest for about three days) and then I had brown spotting for about the next three weeks following that. We've had several ultrasounds since then and it was beginning to shrink at 12 weeks and that's the last time that anyone has really mentioned it or checked on it. We have another u/s on Wednesday so I'm hoping it's gone but my MFM who is also a perinatologist hasn't been overly concerned about it. When it started out, it measued 4x3x2 if that helps you? They considered that to be somewhat small.  I was very concerned as I lost my son to an abruption and like you, had heard/read that it can lead to other complications later, however my dr. says that in his experience that's not true. I absolutely know how worrisome this can be. Take it easy. Try to restrict your lifting, exercise, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

@MSUMamaof2 :

Thanks for responding. I'm glad that you got to hear the heart beat and I hope that blood cloth goes away. I know how it feels being so stressed out during our pregnancy because we want to make sure that everything is ok with our baby and want to enjoy the pregnancy without worrying. My OB suggested to live my regular life and try not to think about it because stressing out stresses the baby and can affect the baby. Keep me in touch with your situation! I hope your Tuesday ultrasound goes well. <3

• Options

@E&amp;RMommy:

Thanks for responding! Your post actually made me feel a lot better! I stressed out for so long wondering if my baby was ok. If I could go to the OB everyday and get an ultrasound everyday to make sure my baby was ok....i would! But since that is not possible...talking to people like you make me feel a lot better and like im not alone. Reading a lot of blogs on this has made me feel better because I have two weeks till my 20th week ultrasound and I have not bled or had any pain. I hope my pregnancy goes a successful as yours has. Thanks!

• Options

@lovemymaddy:

I see that your due 12/11/12, I'm due 12/06/12. Im glad your SCH got smaller. I hope mine is gone by now. I have not gotten an ultrasound since mt 9th week. I am now at 18 weeks. I hope that when I get my second ultrasound in 2 weeks, that it is gone. I guess the best thing to do is wait and try not to strain ourselves. Keep me posted December mommy. 

• Options
    I have one, diagnosed at 12 weeks. It was 5 cm. Like you, my bleeding has stopped so I'm hoping that means it re-absorbed. I have three weeks to go before we have another ultrasound to tell us. It's so nerve wrecking! I'm due Dec 15th, so we're close! Keep me updated in how you make out. It makes me feel alot better when I talk to others with a sch.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a heavy bleed at 11 weeks followed by brown spotting, and another medium bleed at 12 weeks, and currently have brown spotting from that. I've only been seen at the ER, both times, but have my first OB appointment tomorrow. I am concerned that the OB isn't going to take this seriously.

I wish I had a crystal ball!

IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    I had a SCH and the spotting varied from brown to red to pink from week 6 to week 17. It did eventually resolve itself, but I did take it easy any time the spotting increased. 
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am 7 weeks and started bleeding 3 days ago like a regular period (mine were never really heavy). I am sooooooooooo stressed out that its a miscarriage. I don't go to the doc until monday for my first prenatal visit (3 more days). I am so devastated that I have miscarried. I'm truly hoping that everything is okay but its so hard when you've never been through it.
  • Options

I recently was diagnosed with a large Subchorionic Hemorrhage which did not end well. 

A week ago, I went to the doctors because of bleeding.  They found the Hemorrhage and told me that it was large, but sometimes it absorbs itself back into the body.  Mine did not.  The baby had a strong heart rate on Sunday of 170 and looked like it had been growing well, however by Friday, I was passing large clots and they found that the baby had no heart rate.  There was nothing I could have done differently.  I was devistated, had a D n E and am ready to start trying again one day.

Best of luck! I know that people do get through this.

• Options
    I have a hematoma as well. Have been bleeding for about 4 weeks. I'm told it is "very" large. Do any of you know your measurements on your hematomas?
  • Options
    I don't know my measurements. I was dx with it at 10 weeks. I was spotting lightly then. I woke up this morning in blood and passed small clots. Went to dr and baby was fine. I'm 12w5d. This is very scary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"