Delaware Babies
Options

Christania Hospital?

Anyone who has already given birth at Chirstania give us the low down? How did it go? Details please!!! First time momma & new in town so I dont know anyone who has given birth there!! Im just trying to get a feel for the place.

Re: Christania Hospital?

• Options
    I recently had my daughter at Christiana in May and I was overall very happy with my stay. I had quite a few complications and honestly wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. They are known to be a very good hospital and I don't think you have anything to worry about. The one thing that I would recommend is that if you feel weird about something or think that someone isn't doing something right say something! Everyone is very helpful. Good luck! 
  • Options

Hello...I gave birth in January at Christiana.  Overall, our experience was very good.  I was induced and VERY nervous.  The nurses that checked us in were great!!  All the nurses and staff were very nice. The give you, husband and LO bands with matching numbers for safety. 

The only complaint I have is the that our 2nd night was in a room next to the nursery.  You can have your baby spend the night in the nursery, or like us, chose to keep the baby with you.   But b/c we were next to the nursery, it was loud.  Bsbies would cry throughout the night and it woke our daughter up.  Then the nurses were next to the wall talking.  I said something to the nurse and she said we could put our daughter in the nursery.  Not the solution that would help any of us sleep.    When you leave...take everything that is in your room.  I took the diapers, hats, etc. Not only did I take the peri bottles, mesh undies and pads, but I asked for extras.

A hint I'll pass on from one of the nurses...you get many choices for each meal and you can have whatever you want so she suggested getting extra for your DH.  I couldn't bring my self to order 2 meals, but did order a few sides (chips, fruit, etc.)

Did you sign up for any classes at Christiana?  Most of them include a tour.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"