Stay at Home Moms
Options

Dear ann Taylor Loft

You and I both know I'm not really a size 4.  While you might think me fitting into a size 4 will make me buy more clothes from you, you're mistaken. I'm not in denial :)

Re: Dear ann Taylor Loft

• Options
    LoL, it would totally make me buy more!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

imageAimeeL85:
    LoL, it would totally make me buy more!

Instant self confidence booster ;) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always wonder what happens to the girls who actually are that small. Like, the true size twos...how could they find anything there that they weren't just swimming in?
  • Options
    It's so true...especially at that store. When I started looking for jeans after two babies, I seemed to be in the same old size yet my jeans from two years ago that were also that size did not fit at all. Something happened there. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehellopoppyseed:
    It's so true...especially at that store. When I started looking for jeans after two babies, I seemed to be in the same old size yet my jeans from two years ago that were also that size did not fit at all. Something happened there. 

I haven't bought any new clothes in 3 years.  I was expecting to be. Size 8 and a small or med top. Yet, I was a size 4 and an XS top. They have definitely changed their sizing.   

• Options
    What the eff...thanks for ruining my delusion! Stick out tongue
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options

imagesophie206:

Lol... 

• Options

imagesophie206:

Seriously!!! Thank you for making me feel worse about my size 12s from Loft :(

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imagejesselayne8:

I really hope you are not serious.  

Why? 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    imagejesselayne8:

imagesophie206:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.  -Eleanor Roosevelt 

• Options
    imagenowababy:

imageMrs.Hizzo:
    I always wonder what happens to the girls who actually are that small. Like, the true size twos...how could they find anything there that they weren't just swimming in?

Yup that's me. I'm small. Size 0s sometimes don't fit me. And I am by no means a twig. It's beyond frustrating.

That's me too.  I think I'm probably a size 4 in the old sizing, but now sometimes XS and 0s don't even fit me.  I hate vanity sizing so much.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imagejesselayne8:
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imagejesselayne8:

Why? 

Because the OP was obviously not trying to make you feel bad about yourself. It was a pretty light hearted, almost self deprecating comment about vanity sizing. I think it's pretty weird to let a stranger on the internet make you feel that bad about your size, especially when she was clearly making a JOKE about HER OWN SIZE. 

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Just curious, but when did they change their sizing?  I have purchased tops from them recently, but when I went 5 months ago I tried on shorts one size below my usual and could not fit in them comfortably (I was being hopeful and they didn't have my size in stock).  I was about to place an order for their shorts tonight.  Maybe I need to go to the store...ughhh!  I hate when stores change their sizing!  I love the way they fit and am so used to ordering online without having to take the kids to the store.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imagejesselayne8:
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imagejesselayne8:
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imagejesselayne8:

Why? 

Because the OP was obviously not trying to make you feel bad about yourself. It was a pretty light hearted, almost self deprecating comment about vanity sizing. I think it's pretty weird to let a stranger on the internet make you feel that bad about your size, especially when she was clearly making a JOKE about HER OWN SIZE. 

Unless I'm utterly blind, I'm not seeing your reply. 

Haha.

My power went out last night for over 4 hours while I was trying to type a reply due to the storms.   It doesn't matter anyway.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    DochasDochas member

imageJenWhite123:
    You and I both know I'm not really a size 4.  While you might think me fitting into a size 4 will make me buy more clothes from you, you're mistaken. I'm not in denial :)

If they're trying to lure me back in it isn't going to work!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"