Visting from July 12' — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Visting from July 12'

Did any of you ladies get your membranes swept?  If so, how long did it take to go into labor?

Thank you! 

Married my best friend August 12, 2011
                                         DD #1 born July 9th, 2012
                                       EDD with #2 April 16th, 2014

Re: Visting from July 12'

• Yes. My water broke that night. I still needed to be induced though because contractions wouldn't start. I was 41 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did, but it didn't work for me--wound up having my water break at 41 weeks on the morning I was to be induced.

• Loading the player...
  • I had it done at 8 am and was back at the hospital to test my fluid at 4 pm because I felt like I was leaking a lot. I tested positive for amniotic fluid, so we were admitted. Had to start pitocon at 8 and water broke (gushing) around 11 pm. I was 40 weeks 2 days. Good luck!
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt14148c.aspx[/img][/url]
  • With my first my doctor said he didn't sweep them but he gave me a 'rough' internal. She was born the next morning. Both my girls were exactly 2 weeks early. So I dont know if the internal had much to do with it or not, with my second I only had one internal at 35 weeks.
  • I had it done... but it was in combination with other induction methods, so I have no idea if it helped...

• I  had it done, and it worked like a charm! I had it done around 10:15 in the morning. Started feeling period like cramps around 11:00 or 11:30. Started having intense contractions around 5:00 and my baby was born at 10:38 that night - so he was born about 12 hours after I had it done.

• Yep, water broke 48 hours later!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards