1st Trimester

4 weeks five days....

I went to the OBGYN today and confimed that I'm four weeks and five days... but she saw two little blips not  ONE but TWO, and said it could be a clot of blood or another baby? Has anyone had this happen? Technically Im only about 2 weeks pregnant (my first) can they tell that soon? I have an appt on 7/10 to see if they both are there and ill be about 6 weeks...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 weeks five days....

• It's really early, but anything is possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • I haven't been to the dr yet but WOW! that would be a surprise!!! I'd die having to wait until 7/10 to know for sure... 4 weeks is still pretty early - it could go either way. Good luck and Congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you make sure to empty your bladder before the u/s? Something similar happened to me when the OB thought my first was a twin, but my full bladder threw her off. I flipped for a second. 

Even still, when I go to my OB now (they've done two u/s) each time, they ask if I have an empty bladder and request that I try to go if I do not. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! Nervous and excited... Deathly scared if i have twins for my first birth, if that happens...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • well my first full term pregnancy was twins and boy was i surprised, i didnt find out til about 12 or maybe sooner when i had my first u/s , but i am sure it can happen. i am 4 wks also and i am curious to see if this one will be twins too, i am kind of scared. my son is 7 i feel like i am starting all over again, hopefully it is like riding a bike lol
  • I'd think that it would be hard to be certain so early.  I'd wait until your 6 week appointment to think about it either way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If she can tell that there is 2 in there already I'd be surprised. I had my first u/s at 5w3d and there was just an empty sac. My second u/s was at 6w2d and the tech told me that we still might not see anything yet (there was definitely a baby w/ a heart beat though)
    Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"