Cincinnati Babies
Options

MIdwife questions

My husband and I are about to change our insurance because after having our first LO, I have decided to stay home and I have always carried our insurance.  Problem is, we have to get our own insurance now because DHs is not that great through his company.  Has anyone gone through a midwife?  and if the midwife does the prenatal, does she deliver too?  at a hospital?  My experience with my first LO was magical, but not at all what i expected, finding out she was butt down at 39 weeks when they kept telling me she was head down, finding out I had to have a c-section when this wasnt discussed or even thought about until 3 days before it had to happen...I want to go a different route.  I dont know, can you guys tell me about your experiences, or what a midwife does?  Im an east-sider, so if you love your midwife and they are ok with you sharing their info so I could contact that, that would be great!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MIdwife questions

• Options
    I don't know much about midwives but I do know there are some great ones with Seven Hills Womens Health Center.  They deliver at Anderson Mercy and also have OB/GYNs in the practice as well, just in case.  They have sooo many locations to choose from.  
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kel716kel716 member

I'm not sure a mw would be able to help you because it sounds like you had a c/s.  Even if you are a candidate for a VBAC, you probably need an OB to attend your birth. 

I personally like Associates in OB/GYN, and they do have an office in Eastgate.  There are several OBs as well as 3 midwives.  So you might be able to have the best of both worlds.

You might also prefer a smaller practice- Dr. Bowen and Dr. Froelich are commonly reco'd, especialy for women who want a more natural approach. 

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm seeing the Trihealth Nurse Midwives, and they're fantastic. They deliver at Good Sam and they do VBACs.

https://www.trihealth.com/hospitals-and-practices/trihealth-nurse-midwives/

Certified Nurse Midwives can do everything an OB can do except perform c-sections. Good luck!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im going the homebirth midwife route. By my midwife does VBACs. She does not deliver in a hospital, but comes to your home from Dayton. She does all the prenatal checkups. If you want more info, PM me.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

Not sure on your location, but i went o associates of anderson off of beechmont ave & nagel road. They have midwives and regular ob/gyn's. I had a midwife deliever my daughter and they were fantastic!!! i am not sure if the midwives do vbacs or not.

• Options
    I agree with a previous post that Dr. Bowen is great! I don't personally see him (I live kind of far away from his office) but many of my friends do and absolutely love him! He isn't your typical pushy OB/GYN... in that I mean he will do everything he can to make your birthing experience great. He isn't one to jump to a c-section just because you have labored for "too long" or try to induce at his convenience. I would recommend him if you are going for a VBAC. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"